Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Good performance tonight. Is possibly our most dominant defender in the air. Did all we can expect of a squad player. 
a marked improvement of his showing last season but that is true of all of our defenders and Martinez must take a lot of credit for that.

Burnley is ideal opponent for him given he played really well at Turf Moor last year. His strongest skill by a mile is heading the ball away from a cross and that's Burnley's only real attacking threat.

Also dosen't get pressed from the back much which is when his distribution quickly goes wild.

• Like 1

A very frustrating player, because if he could pass even a fifth as well as he can head it he would be unstoppable. He was good tonight - and I say that as a major critic - but he still mislaid one out of every three passes. Burnley don't press and have no-one on form up front so he was always unlikely to be punished. But he can't be relied on to play against top half teams.

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

A very frustrating player, because if he could pass even a fifth as well as he can head it he would be unstoppable. He was good tonight - and I say that as a major critic - but he still mislaid one out of every three passes. Burnley don't press and have no-one on form up front so he was always unlikely to be punished. But he can't be relied on to play against top half teams.

Yeah that's the thing. You'd rather he played tonight than v Chelsea or Man. United in a few weeks where radical stuff like marking a forward with good movement and keeping calm passing out from the back when a striker is quickly closing down are needed, thankfully Burnley haven't thought of this stuff.

Then people come on to this thread to abuse him and call him a pub defender so we go full circle. He's limited but have to remember he did only cost 3m so can't complain too much that someone signed for basically 30p in today's fees can look good against a couple of prem teams.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah that's the thing. You'd rather he played tonight than v Chelsea or Man. United in a few weeks where radical stuff like marking a forward with good movement and keeping calm passing out from the back when a striker is quickly closing down are needed, thankfully Burnley haven't thought of this stuff.

Then people come on to this thread to abuse him and call him a pub defender so we go full circle. He's limited but have to remember he did only cost 3m so can't complain too much that someone signed for basically 30p in today's fees can look good against a couple of prem teams.

He was born in the wrong era really. He is a statistical freak at heading, essentially never losing a header; I remember seeing a chart of aerial duels won and the chart was extended, by a comical amount, just to get his dot on it. But his composure and his passing accuracy aren't good enough to be a regular starter in this league. If he was the age he is now in about 1993, he'd probably end his career with 30 England caps.

• Like 4

I love Hause because I accept his limitations and I’m games like Burnley you know he is the type of heading machine we need. Agree with all those that say his distribution lacks some quality but heading and tackling are his game and the was a time when that was a centre half’s job. I also don’t think he is slow either. 

I would get one of our coaches to really work him hard on his distribution and who knows we might reach that holy grail of improving a player. I think it’s worth a try 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't rate him that highly but he was great tonight. Probably his best game for us.

My only criticism is he probably should have scored

I think the advantage Konsa has is that he can perform to a level most weeks.. I like Hause and he is a valuable squad player for £3m - but can you rely on him over a period of time. Not sure.

I liked the look of him when he played left back for a run of games in the Championship. Never be a world beater but good solid backup and at 3 million. I agree with Aynuck, if now was late 80's early 90's he would be England material 

Ideal game for Konsa to be ill. Played very well, his distribution was poor, but we knew that was his limitation. Good squad player to have, but I wouldn’t fancy him covering if we were playing against a football team. 

Â