Kortney Hause

Sam3773

48 minutes ago, nick76 said:

All his flaws were amplified last night and it was only against Burton.  It’s so strange that Konsa has come on leaps and bounds where Hause is in fast reverse given they were very much on par this time last year.

To be fair Konsa has always been a top prospect for the future and Hause has always been a cheap squad player - even though I agree with you there are times they have been on par. I think Konsa will continue to improve but this is just Hause’s level. Which is fine for a £3m player and probably fine for our fourth choice CB... but more worrying for our third choice CB as he seems to be well ahead of Engels in any pecking order.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrSmirch said:

Should play left back.

Much like the sundance kid he’s better when he’s moving

Left back on the bench like, badum tsss

In all seriousness he is just about good enough to be 5th choice emergency back up if the squad numbers allow

• Like 1

In his defense, playing on the right clearly puts him to a greater disadvantage, especially considering he isn't exactly a gifted passer. He is a limited player with some strong assets (he's arguably our best player at winning headed) and in some games I can see him coming on to soak up aerial pressure when defending a lead against physical teams. 

1 hour ago, WooJung said:

(he's arguably our best player at winning headed)

Inarguably. Statistically the best header in our team by some margin, and one of only a couple who won more aerial duels than they lost. He's actually one of our better players in terms of defensive actions like blocks and clearances in general (as you would hope of a CB), but when you get to his passing stats, he's probably the worst in the squad. Gives away twice as many short passes as our other CBs, which makes him a major risk, especially against pacy and high pressuring sides. Should really only be used against sides that are going to do nothing but bomb us with long balls and crosses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrSmirch said:

Should play left back.

Much like the sundance kid he’s better when he’s moving

Yeah was decent at LB when he signed and had few games in Championship but wins headers like a boss at CB they just don't go to the right place necessarily. Bit of a Jack of all trades, master of none player

If Neil Taylor is a liability going forwards, I dread to think what people would say about Hause at LB. Calls to switch his position baffle me.

As has been discussed above, he’s strong in the air and has good defensive instincts - but he’s a complete liability in possession. I think he’s good squad depth, especially at £2m - but I can’t see him ever truly becoming a first-choice option because he’s so poor on the ball.

• Like 2

On 16/09/2020 at 13:01, the_eristic said:

Inarguably. Statistically the best header in our team by some margin, and one of only a couple who won more aerial duels than they lost. He's actually one of our better players in terms of defensive actions like blocks and clearances in general (as you would hope of a CB), but when you get to his passing stats, he's probably the worst in the squad. Gives away twice as many short passes as our other CBs, which makes him a major risk, especially against pacy and high pressuring sides. Should really only be used against sides that are going to do nothing but bomb us with long balls and crosses.

I actually think it's even a little worse than you mention here.

What I see when hause plays is yes he is strong in the 'defensive action' but there is no care for what comes next and invariably his header or clearance is just straight back to the opposition as well and we're under sustained pressure.

Hopefully if we do sign the linked wingers we are more of a direct counter attacking threat so teams can't just trap us deep like last year, but for me a major part of the problem was the last ditch style defending (that should be reserved for the last few minutes at most) getting us in to long periods without possession.

He actually made some very good passes thru the midfield line. He takes far to many risks while passing though, and even though he makes a few excelent ones he's prone to make just as many terrible ones. Which leaves a rather poor impression. If he can iron out those mistakes, push his lowest level up to an average one. There's a very decent player there. 

On 24/09/2020 at 18:15, gwi1890 said:

Always hold my breath when he tries to play out of trouble nearly cost us a clean sheet when he got caught on the ball, needs to cut that out of his game 

It's half-time in the league cup match against Stoke, and Kortney isn't exactly covering himself in glory.

Â