Kortney Hause

Sam3773

If he goes it might be a chance to promote Mungo Bridge to first team duties, he's highly rated, been playing and training with first team and is approaching twenty now so not too young. If we see ourselves in the future has being a club capable of developing it's own first team players, then that process has to start with someone, would also send a positive message to the talented younger ones we've got coming thru that it's possible to make it at this club.

Last season he was at some stages, the only player in the team who knew how to head a ball.

His awful passes were shocking but as a ball winner, we needed him because others failed badly to impose themselves on other teams.

Hopefully this season with a solid midfield 3 who can tackle head and pass, the defence won't be under as much pressure.

Unless we have a replacement I cant see him going, paid 3 or so million for him and he isn't on much salary wise and can win the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

The review on Hause tonight against Burton, has always been a player that needs to grow into the game, can be solid but early in is the worrying time.

In with Tyrone Mings in Villa's two left-footed centre-back pairing. Found Kane Hemmings a handful and headed a couple of stray balls straight to the opposition. Improved in the second half and looked more comfortable as Burton tired.

Just now, tinker said:

Watching him brings back the horror of last season,  got all the physical attributes but he's just not good enough for me, at least not to start a game .

Agree - last season haunts me for the number of times Hause was either the only bloke to get his head on the ball in the opposition area or he was the guy sending the ball up the pitch - 4th choice CB or sold please. 

On 07/10/2019 at 16:12, Pez1974 said:

I don't understand why this guy isn't on the bench. Is he injured?

He covers 2 positions (Taylor only covers LB) - which is something you want from your bench.
I would also argue he's better on the ball than Taylor (but so is a 2 legged horse with a bad back) and would provide more presence in both boxes at set pieces. 

And providing we stay up, I think this guy could be sold in the next 4 windows as I think the ability of our squad will soon make him surplus to requirements. If he's around the squad, there's money to be made, unlike with Taylor. 

After last night, I think Kortney is developing exactly as I expected!

All his flaws were amplified last night and it was only against Burton.  It’s so strange that Konsa has come on leaps and bounds where Hause is in fast reverse given they were very much on par this time last year.

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I believe we should try getting Luke Woolfenden of Ipswich. I believe he'll be a top CB in a few years and he won't cost the earth.

Deffo should look at likes of  Luke Woolfenden, Joe Roden (Swansea) or Nathan Collins (Stoke)

Edited by Villan4Life

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Deffo  Luke Woolfenden, Joe Roden (Swansea) or Nathan Collins (Stoke)

Roden definitely but they might try fleecing us? Haven't seen too much of Collins. 

All will be an infinite upgrade on Hause. If his heading was accurate he'd be useful.

Last night’s game simply showed us what we really already know, which is that Hause is ideally a 3rd or 4th choice CB in the Premier League. We know his distribution is too below par for him to improve to the level the team aspires to. He is part of our squad, though, and has served us well. It could well be that squad is improving quickly and that by next summer he may have been left too far behind, and might need to move on to play football. And that’s no bad thing for the football club, it’s a natural progression that needs to happen. No need to hate players that can’t reach the new levels that the club is aspiring to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deeps said:

I’d keep him but only as 4th choice. We need another CB badly IMO. We are an injury or suspension away from disaster. 

Doesnt work like that with us, he is 1st in line if Mings is out. We need better.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Doesnt work like that with us, he is 1st in line if Mings is out. We need better.

Firs in line if Konsa is out by the looks of it to Smith wasn’t to keen on on left footers on the right but still opts to start Hause over Engles

Â