Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Yeah, on whoscored they rate Hause as clearly our best defender over everyone else which I assume to due to the insane amount of aerial duels he wins. I always found it curious how he often gets slated here in spite of it. Not saying whoscored is right, just found it interesting.

We have a couple of players in our squad who have some pretty insane stats in certain areas that rarely get talked about. 

That said, a big reason why he wins so many is likely because of how often we are on the back foot. I suspect if they did something like percentage of aerial duals won he's stats wouldn't look as high as that.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

You can win as many headers as you want. If you can't pass the ball and it takes you as long as it takes him to decide where to pass the ball to it is futile. He disrupts the whole flow of the team. He takes forever to move the ball and at this level it kills any momentum you might have. 

• Like 2

Very impressive stats and certainly something that makes him a player worth working with - especially if we go down. He has flaws in his game but that graph doesn't factor in expected brainfarts per 90 (xBF90)

• Like 1

I can think of a couple of players worse than him who we have paid 12 mill each for.....granted they play in a different position.

sometimes, we have to put things in perspective......Hause will not adveresely affect the clubs finances.....we got what we paid for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

That one is when the player recovers the ball when it's loose. Glad I could help 😊

Hause probably lost the ball he recovers. He's not good enough for me, his distribution is dreadful and has complete mind clucks in games that cost us. He seems to complement Ming's overconfidence habit and when they play together , for me, we look suspect at the back .

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tinker said:

Hause probably lost the ball he recovers. He's not good enough for me, his distribution is dreadful and has complete mind clucks in games that cost us. He seems to complement Ming's overconfidence habit and when they play together , for me, we look suspect at the back .

Best we've been defensively all season with these 2 playing together since the restart and for me Hause has looked the better of the two. Still mistakes to iron out but I'm a lot more optimistic about his potential now than I was a year ago.

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Best we've been defensively all season with these 2 playing together since the restart and for me Hause has looked the better of the two. Still mistakes to iron out but I'm a lot more optimistic about his potential now than I was a year ago.

We have also in those games pretty much failed to create anything and that comes from the back. All attacks are built from the back. Mings and Hause treat the ball like a grenade.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We have also in those games pretty much failed to create anything and that comes from the back. All attacks are built from the back. Mings and Hause treat the ball like a grenade.

Agreed. How slowly we move the ball across the pitch has boiled my piss all season. 

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I prefer us with Konsa or Engels partnering Ming's. Elmo is better at left back from an attacking sense and ties up with Trez well. If Hause starts tonight I will be disappointed . 

Hause has played on the right so that might explain the him having to take a little extra care when passing the ball. If he played on the left I'm sure he'd be better with distribution. His numbers are out of this world on that graphic. Done really well even though he is playing slightly out of position. Can be classed as a bargain.

20 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah, on whoscored they rate Hause as clearly our best defender over everyone else which I assume to due to the insane amount of aerial duels he wins. I always found it curious how he often gets slated here in spite of it. Not saying whoscored is right, just found it interesting.

We have a couple of players in our squad who have some pretty insane stats in certain areas that rarely get talked about. 

That said, a big reason why he wins so many is likely because of how often we are on the back foot. I suspect if they did something like percentage of aerial duals won he's stats wouldn't look as high as that.

He’s sensational at winning defensive headers. He also gets on the end of an insane number of our free kicks - he just isn’t as good as I would like at actually directing them towards goal. He should have quite a few goals this season. In the days when we had Laursen and Mellberg etc we would have been putting away so many more set pieces with the likes of Hourihane, Grealish, Targett putting in crosses.

• Like 2

Â