Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Happy his signing a new deal. I know the club have another year option on his original deal but was just expecting him to either be sold in the summer or run down his contract for another year and leaving on a free. 

Surprised he's signing to be honest but a good move from the club so we aren't forced into the market twice in successive windows.

The murmurings that he wanted more playing time for me meant he was sure to move on as I anticipated we would look for someone to really push Mings on the left and another similar on the right to push Konsa.

Whoever we sign keeps Hause as 4th choice so his playing time will remain as it is, so surprised (but happy) that he's staying.

Unless there is a buyout clause that makes him available but we get the right value for him in the summer of course. If not I do wonder if we could see Mings sold, I really hope not as I love the guy but I expect a high player turnover with Gerrard in.

For me, losing Hause and gradually phasing Mings into a backup would've made perfect sense, now concerned we sell Mings and buy big for the starter. I hope not. 

Edited by HalfTimePost

He’s great cover but we can’t rely on him as a starter. I’m surprised that he hasn’t gone to The Championship or a lower Premier League team. He’s great in the air, not so good on the deck but what do you expect for £3m? He’s been a great purchase I think but I’d worry about his ambition if he was happy sitting on our bench and just picking up his wage packet

31 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s great cover but we can’t rely on him as a starter. I’m surprised that he hasn’t gone to The Championship or a lower Premier League team. He’s great in the air, not so good on the deck but what do you expect for £3m? He’s been a great purchase I think but I’d worry about his ambition if he was happy sitting on our bench and just picking up his wage packet

He looked fine on the deck on Saturday, dare I say excellent 

• Like 4

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

I think we're lucky to have a player like him that's both good enough to rely on as a backup, yet is seemingly happy to remain on the bench.

Doubt that's the case but I think he has the intelligence to know his place within the squad, he'll know it's a tough old season and he'll get game time. He's also part of a very ambitious project at a great club. He has a great job and he would not be a guaranteed starter in this league if he moved. Smart to sign.

35 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Maybe he's happy that club want to keep him around, he's happy at the 'workplace' and he's settled. He's obviously been given some guarantees regarding games (i.e. cup, sub, 1st choice for injury cover) which he's happy with - so I wouldn't jump to worry about his ambition just yet. Moving away from a good club you have a good relationship with isn't always the best choice - no guarantees the grass is greener etc...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Maybe he's happy that club want to keep him around, he's happy at the 'workplace' and he's settled. He's obviously been given some guarantees regarding games (i.e. cup, sub, 1st choice for injury cover) which he's happy with - so I wouldn't jump to worry about his ambition just yet. Moving away from a good club you have a good relationship with isn't always the best choice - no guarantees the grass is greener etc...

I agree, every transfer move is a risk, there’s never a 100% guarantee of first team football at a new club for any player. Back to Hause, I think you seem to be saying that he is happy to be back up at our club, I don’t think that is a good mindset of any player. Every player in the squad should be fighting for first team football and be capable of performing at a certain standard

13 minutes ago, meregreen said:

The new contract just means the club can ask for a decent fee if someone comes calling for him. Happens all the time in the game.

I'm hoping this is the logic, yes, because we don't get fees for enough players leaving (barely any in fact). He hasn't suddenly become a good enough defender though, so hopefully we find a way to move him on for a small profit in the next 12 months, when we have another CB.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We are still 1 short with Tuanzebe ending his loan period with us. Clubs usually have 4 senior CB's on the books.

Would/could we promote one of the youngsters instead ? 3rd 4th choice cbs must be difficult to sign 

Â