Kortney Hause

Sam3773

It's not just the lapses in concentration, the bad reading of the game and the bad positioning, you can see that the other players are reluctant to pass the ball to him in our build up play. Normally it goes via Mings on the left hand side, but with Hause we are handicapped, it's like we can only play out through Konsa. Can't have a player in the team that the players do not trust to pass the ball to.

He should have been replaced several years ago, third season in the PL and the amount that we have spent, and we still need to rely on Hause when we have one CB injured. I've been going on about the need for a quality CB cover for years, hopefully I wont need to anymore come February. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TomC said:

After we dominated the first 30m, a poor pass from him led to a spell of possession for Brentford that gave them confidence to get back into the game.

I remember thinking that at the time. They’d hardly had a kick until his back pass and the resulting corner gave them a little boost in confidence and momentum. 

It’s fine lines at this level. We weren’t  terrible yesterday, in fact for large parts of the game we we’re pretty good, but our decision making and intensity wasn’t up to scratch at either end of the pitch. We looked like the pre SG Villa, frustratingly wishy washy and brittle. 

11 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

It's not just the lapses in concentration, the bad reading of the game and the bad positioning, you can see that the other players are reluctant to pass the ball to him in our build up play. Normally it goes via Mings on the left hand side, but with Hause we are handicapped, it's like we can only play out through Konsa. Can't have a player in the team that the players do not trust to pass the ball to.

He should have been replaced several years ago, third season in the PL and the amount that we have spent, and we still need to rely on Hause when we have one CB injured. I've been going on about the need for a quality CB cover for years, hopefully I wont need to anymore come February. 

We had Tuanzebe for this. It's only been one game (this season anyway). Although, of course Hause is more a LCB, so maybe he would have replaced Mings anyway. 

Hause was a bit casual for their second goal. Such a shame.

Edited by Rolta

Source TeamTalk 

Can't see it reported elsewhere but https://www.teamtalk.com/west-ham-united/ruthless-steven-gerrard-green-lights-aston-villa-kortney-hause-transfer

Linked with a move to West Ham / Watford in this window (or if Dean Smith maybe wanted to reunite, could be a decent signing for Norwich).

With no Axel and us potentially cashing in on a modest fee for Hause, we are going to need a centre back a lot sooner rather than later, poss 2 unless SG promotes from within.

It is Teamtalk though lets face it, but with his contract up in June, bound to be off if the chance materialises.

He was linked to West Ham in the summer wasn't he?

They're just down to the two CBs with Zouma and Ogbonna out injured long term.

With him being a London lad I can certainly see that move being of interest to him.

We certainly need to sign another CB if we let him go though.

He's from Goodmayes which is down the road from the old upton park really and firmly WHU supporting area. Him and Konsa are from very nearby, so like someone above mentioned I think the move could appeal to him. Moyes likes big physical defenders and can see him being nurtured with the aim to take craig dawson's position in the squad and maybe into the first 11 in time. He does win a lot of headers and the hammers are decent from corners aswell, so could see the move to WHU having legs, especially when you consider their injury problems and their ageing CB's

no way i would let him go in this window when we only have 3 fit senior CBs (inc. Hause).

I would personally take the 1 year optional extension, keep him until the summer, then look to sell him if he wants to leave then, and at least get something for him when its reasonable to do so.

Selling him now, unless we sell him and bring 2 x CBs in is just asking for trouble, and tbh, we have much more important things to spunk money on than 2 x CBs right now (ie: a CDM and a CB on loan/or buy)

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

no way i would let him go in this window when we only have 3 fit senior CBs (inc. Hause).

I would personally take the 1 year optional extension, keep him until the summer, then look to sell him if he wants to leave then, and at least get something for him when its reasonable to do so.

Selling him now, unless we sell him and bring 2 x CBs in is just asking for trouble, and tbh, we have much more important things to spunk money on than 2 x CBs right now (ie: a CDM and a CB on loan/or buy)

I think he'll want to go though

41 minutes ago, Adman said:

I think he'll want to go though

Who cares, we would be stupid to leave ourselves with 2 senior CBs.

We would need to bring 2 x CBs in, if we let Hause go this Jan.

• Like 1

On 09/01/2022 at 15:09, Midfielder said:

Source TeamTalk 

Can't see it reported elsewhere but https://www.teamtalk.com/west-ham-united/ruthless-steven-gerrard-green-lights-aston-villa-kortney-hause-transfer

Linked with a move to West Ham / Watford in this window (or if Dean Smith maybe wanted to reunite, could be a decent signing for Norwich).

With no Axel and us potentially cashing in on a modest fee for Hause, we are going to need a centre back a lot sooner rather than later, poss 2 unless SG promotes from within.

It is Teamtalk though lets face it, but with his contract up in June, bound to be off if the chance materialises.

I was tickled by this little corner of the picture of the celebration of Kortney's goal.

Kortney-Hause-scores-Aston-Villa-v-Man-Utd.jpeg

16 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I was tickled by this little corner of the picture of the celebration of Kortney's goal.

I was under the impression that Leigh Francis had had to shelve Bo Selecta as it was racist?

Justification of that here. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Having watched him play I would suggest he'd have done a better job than Hause did the other day. 

Also having watched him play, I disgaree. Looks class and I have really high hopes, but he's a way off.

Trezeguet looked a fair few steps above most of our youngsters playing with them in his first game back after a pretty awful injury. 

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

What an odd looking bloke.

I haven't seen tits shaped like that since the bra section in an 80s Kays catalogue, pointies, been a while.

• Haha 1

Â