Kortney Hause

Sam3773

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I find it hard to believe that we're paying a reserve/third choice player more than another team might pay for a starter, even in The Championship. 

He probably need to go be a regular starter somewhere now. He's a decent enough player, never let us down or looked totally lost. 

• Like 4

I feel sorry for Hause, hasn’t really done much wrong and has been solid when called upon (generally speaking), he’s improved massively since he joined us.

But Gerrard doesn’t seem to rate him and he’s now something of an outcast, which is a real shame for him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I feel sorry for Hause, hasn’t really done much wrong and has been solid when called upon (generally speaking), he’s improved massively since he joined us.

But Gerrard doesn’t seem to rate him and he’s now something of an outcast, which is a real shame for him.

Didn't he sign his new contract when Gerrard was manager?

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I find it hard to believe that we're paying a reserve/third choice player more than another team might pay for a starter, even in The Championship. 

He probably need to go be a regular starter somewhere now. He's a decent enough player, never let us down or looked totally lost. 

He's also 26, I doubt we're paying him £10-20k a week more than what say Norwich could offer him, I'd randomly guess that he's on around £40-50k a week

Any potential move he makes / turns down this summer could go on to define his career 

• Like 1

On 20/06/2022 at 14:17, Don_Simon said:

Didn't he sign his new contract when Gerrard was manager?

That was surely just to protect his value although seems that tweet is implying it may go against us selling him.

One of the promoted teams will take him, would've been ideal for Burnley if they'd stayed up as his heading stats are very very good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but it looks like Kortney has undergone some surgery today, judging by his Instagram story from 2h ago.

He's in a hospital bed and gown smiling with a comment saying "[...] Will be back shortly. Hungrier than ever."

On 20/06/2022 at 14:32, villa4europe said:

He's also 26, I doubt we're paying him £10-20k a week more than what say Norwich could offer him, I'd randomly guess that he's on around £40-50k a week

Any potential move he makes / turns down this summer could go on to define his career 

We've massively overpaid players the past few years to accelerate our progress that much is clear when we struggle to get rid of a few.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We've massively overpaid players the past few years to accelerate our progress that much is clear when we struggle to get rid of a few.

I dunno, PL wages have inflated since we were last here, we're about 11th or 12th in the league for wages, there's been lots of new contracts for the likes of mings and McGinn, even konsa 

Our 4th / 5th choice CB being on around £40k a week and the championship teams not being able to afford him is where the Premier  League is not just Aston Villa 

Same with Sanson and Ligue 1, a 5th chocie CM being on £50k a week is what it is

• 4 weeks later...

I think it would make sense to move Kortney on if we got a good offer.

He's never been terrible for us and he's a solid backup but he should be playing regular football.

At the very worst case scenario we can move Kamara back or even use Feeney.

11 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

From the article:

Villa have only three senior centre-backs available — Tyrone Mings, Callum Chambers and new signing Diego Carlos — so it is expected Hause may become available only for a loan later in the window, which closes on September 1.

Hause extended his Villa contract in January until June 2025 and has other suitors besides Watford. Head coach Rob Edwards does have a previous link with the 27-year-old after coaching him during his time at Wolves.

If Watford did opt for Hause, it wouldn’t preclude them from signing another target from Villa, Cameron Archer. EFL rules stipulate that clubs can sign no more than four players from another team, of which no more than two players can be over the age of 23.

Like Clarke, Hause would be considered to be an ideal candidate as he’s played at a higher level — where Watford hope to be heading back — and also has Championship experience.

8 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He’s been linked to Watford before so hopefully there’s some truth in this rumour rather than it being a pointless rehash of old rumours

I don’t get why we didn’t just release him to be honest, maybe the club can make some profit off him but it just seems small fry in the grand scheme of things and would have been cleaner for all parties to shake hands and walk away,. He’s never going to play after Chambers and Carlos signed and we’re potentially stuck paying his wages which doesn’t suit either side

16 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I don’t get why we didn’t just release him to be honest, maybe the club can make some profit off him but it just seems small fry in the grand scheme of things and would have been cleaner for all parties to shake hands and walk away,. 

Why would we do that when we can get a transfer fee for him?

Also, whilst Konsa was injured we needed him as 4th choice, it's only now that Konsa seems to have fully recovered that we can look at Hause being sold. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Why would we do that when we can get a transfer fee for him?

Also, whilst Konsa was injured we needed him as 4th choice, it's only now that Konsa seems to have fully recovered that we can look at Hause being sold. 

We won't get a fee because he's on 35k a week I reckon.

Â