Kortney Hause

Sam3773

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Uh, no?

Force = Mass × Acceleration

That equation works in terms of the level of acceleration being determined by the force applied to a given mass. But we're not talking about how fast a lambo can accelerate but the force applied when it careens into an object. For a simple example, what damages a fence more, a car undergoing acceleration from 10mph to 30mph, or the same mass going a steady 100mph?

In this case we want the kinetic energy which is related to the square of the velocity of the object. 

13 minutes ago, blunther said:

That equation works in terms of the level of acceleration being determined by the force applied to a given mass. But we're not talking about how fast a lambo can accelerate but the force applied when it careens into an object. For a simple example, what damages a fence more, a car undergoing acceleration from 10mph to 30mph, or the same mass going a steady 100mph?

In this case we want the kinetic energy which is related to the square of the velocity of the object. 

But if he was driving on cruise control at a steady 100mph, there is no acceleration and thus no force. Since every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and steady = no acceleration = no force, it's clear that the fence is at fault here, moving into the car's way and inducing damage to the car (and thus enforced back on itself)

http://31.media.tumblr.com/7b145b8d1713d2bf76ff51bbce42e0a8/tumblr_mmlc3u3GrN1sowm4do1_400.gif

4 minutes ago, a-k said:

But if he was driving on cruise control at a steady 100mph, there is no acceleration and thus no force. Since every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and steady = no acceleration = no force, it's clear that the fence is at fault here, moving into the car's way and inducing damage to the car (and thus enforced back on itself)

http://31.media.tumblr.com/7b145b8d1713d2bf76ff51bbce42e0a8/tumblr_mmlc3u3GrN1sowm4do1_400.gif

Case closed 👍

1 hour ago, blunther said:

He needs banging up for a long time if that's the case, not just licence removed. People driving stupid cars they can't handle like **** excited kids should be put somewhere they can't do any harm. Prick. 

Why are you calling him a prick? Why is the car stupid? Why are you essentially suggesting to sending him to jail based on the fact that a fence broke?

Not being funny but these things can happen to anybody, and as for your reply, the literal equation of force = mass × acceleration as I already said but thanks for the incorrect correction. Prick.

47 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Yeah I'm sure he was doing 100mph in cruise control on a **** residential street. Honestly this forum bemuses me at times

Read the post I replied to. It was a joke. 

Edited by blunther
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Why are you calling him a prick? Why is the car stupid? Why are you essentially suggesting to sending him to jail based on the fact that a fence broke?

Not being funny but these things can happen to anybody, and as for your reply, the literal equation of force = mass × acceleration as I already said but thanks for the incorrect correction. Prick.

Edit: ke = 1/2 m X v^2

That's what matters. 

Edited by blunther
Can't be arsed to argue.

10 minutes ago, blunther said:

He's a prick for piling into a fence. If I piled into a fence I'd be calling myself a prick, regardless of the circumstances. 

If you're going to be so sure and serious about your physics though I'd suggest going back to school, are you really suggesting that it's the rate of acceleration that determines the severity of a crash? If so I don't know what to tell you mate.  It's pretty basic stuff. 

I'm sure he feels like a prick for piling into a fence but there isn't any point labelling him a prick based on things none of us have a clue about. My point was he could have easily accelerated at a relatively low speed and done a lot of damage in that car because of the force created by such a mass speeding up so quickly. 

A car crash on the motorway at a high speed is often caused by just that, speed. Shockingly enough you can also cause a crash at a low speed due to force and more so you can do some bad damage if it is a big vehicle, which I already stated I've done myself very stupidly (I was definitely a prick). Let's just not slander Hause until we know the full details if we ever do, and thankfully he hit a fence and nothing more than that. 

I cannot believe what I'm reading on this forum about a car accident on a less than 30 mph urban road.  FFS, how many people can claim to have never misjudged a turning or a bend in what are cold, almost freezing conditions? You cannot hit stupid speeds on that stretch of road, in the direction his car was going as it's directly opposite a junction. Not even in that Lambo!

The school / playground was empty and we should all be grateful for that but at no point do I believe Hause set out to drive like a "prick".  Media again putting our club and players down..

Can we keep some perspective and remember that the we're clapping on 6 minutes tomorrow for a lad who was killed by a right pair of words removed, they deserve much harsher labels than mentioned above and stop judging Hause for a lapse in driving standards?

Rant over, just please keep perspective folks - at least Hause wasn't sitting on his phone, tweeting car pictures at the time, like some past Villa players have admitted to!

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

If we’re gonna get angry about Kortney Hause then it shouldn’t be for his driving.

It’s his ‘music’ that deserves abuse :D

Yeah, he's no Andy Cole

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, samjp26 said:

I'm sure he feels like a prick for piling into a fence but there isn't any point labelling him a prick based on things none of us have a clue about. My point was he could have easily accelerated at a relatively low speed and done a lot of damage in that car because of the force created by such a mass speeding up so quickly. 

A car crash on the motorway at a high speed is often caused by just that, speed. Shockingly enough you can also cause a crash at a low speed due to force and more so you can do some bad damage if it is a big vehicle, which I already stated I've done myself very stupidly (I was definitely a prick). Let's just not slander Hause until we know the full details if we ever do, and thankfully he hit a fence and nothing more than that. 

I’m not getting into any of the other stuff but I think the point is that it’s not the acceleration causing the damage, it’s the speed that the car is going. You could be decelerating (braking) from 100mph 1 metre away and cause much worse damage than accelerating at a fence from 0mph 1 metre away. The only thing the acceleration changes in terms of the damage is the cars ability to reach a higher speed within a shorter distance.

Anyway, I like Hause.

Edited by a m ole

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's **** shite, what the hell are we doing with him as our 1st backup CB in the PL, wanting to push into Europe.

Barely Championship quality.

I'm not being reactive, people can go back if they want and see I've always said he's pony. 

If Tuanzebe has left we need to sign a CB cos Hause ain't it. Just a lumbering oaf. 

Â