Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Great decision by the club. He's far better than he's given credit for, some of his distribution last Saturday was excellent. What's more, his response to signing a new contract was really refreshing to hear, it says everything about the pride and passion of the club and the carefully nurtured culture that now surrounds the place. Any player who gives his all for the club I love will always have my full support. 

• Like 3

Unless hause seriously thought he was going to be a regular 1st choice at a premier league mid table club, there was never much doubt he would stay.

He knows the area knows our club has money and knows he will be in most of our 1st team squads. He also probably has picked up an extra 5k or 10k per week signingva new contract which is guaranteed for the next 3.5 years.

He gets the big money ( for him) now and can drop down pay when he is older and then move on.

We can't have 20 odd players on 60k plus each week, so some will have to be a level below the 1st team regular starters and will be on 15 to 25k.

They will know that a career on 25k pw for 6 or 7 years will give them decent money for the rest of their days unless they do a gazza.

Hause has improved each season and cost a minimal outlay and for a Premier league player who is cover is very good value.

He also comes across as a decent chap.

Good news, was worried we might need to find 2 new centre backs. 

He's solid, we're lucky to have a guy like this willing to be a squad member and nothing more.

Hopefully we finally go on some decent cup runs next season so guys like this can get some decent game time. 

• Like 2

Pleased for the lad.

It's a good fit for all parties at this moment in time. He is part of the existing set up and deserves his chance. He has come along way since he used to scare the bejesus out of me when first arrived and we had him in as a leftback. Probably the most dominant of all the defenders in the air.

Good Luck Kortney.

• Like 1

I think in terms of where we are as a group, regarding physicality, this is a good move.

He is not the best on the floor, but probably the best in the air....but still a tad underrated imv.

In view, of the difficulty, it is to get in quality defensive reinforcements.....this is an extremely good signing.

• Like 1

Just now, GarethRDR said:

Piece Of Ass.  McGinn's dumptruck booty is keeping all the lads thirsty enough to stick around.

I'm a little worried as that was also my thoughts on POA...

I have similar thoughts to @garethrdr! Must stop drinking 😅

• Haha 1

Â