January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

11 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

Love how SGC states that Robinson wouldn’t get in our first team 'not even close' but three or four comments down states 'he could be quite easily good enough for Bournemouth' in the Premier League ?

Now I wonder can someone pick out a quote from him regarding how good Callum Robinson was three to four years ago! Classic stuff lol.

I think Robinson was back then for and is now much better player than Rushian Hepburn-Murphy for me shown much more potential even as a sub for us over RHM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Here's my wish list:

Elphick, Baker, Hogg, Bannan, Robinson & Lichaj.

Whoever let these players go must be kicking themselves!

Lichaj a couple of seasons ago would have been great. Full back who can play either side would be great to have. 

Baker would be a great #3 center back

Bannan is not needed. He is another Lansbury type player where he shows up once every few matches. 

Hogg would be nice. 

Robinson is not great. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Here's my wish list:

To be fair, they were all largely crap in a Villa shirt.  Same can be said for Ciaran Clark.

As fans, we're always likely to keep an eye out for former players, but I'm not sure how many on that list would be on our radar if they'd never worn the shirt.

• Like 1

I'd have Ciaran Clark and Baker back right now.

We need 2xCB, and 2 x Left back asap.

A better footballing RB would be nice, and a top goalkeeper too. Only other possible addition would be a mobile destroyer in midfield who's better than BB, Whelan and Jedi. We have a bagload of options up front with the academy lads coming through too. O'Hare might mature to be cover for the number 10 Grealish position, quite a lot of bodies wide and midfield really. 

Off the back of the second half Derby performance, adding 2 x CB and with better fullbacks our squad would look very tasty indeed.

5 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Here's my wish list:

that Mark Albrighton lad could probably do a job for us as well ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Here's my wish list:

None of those would get anywhere near the current 1st eleven. If we sign players in January they have to

be better than what we've got

6 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Here's my wish list:

I wouldn't want any of them back, none of them have gone on to better things since leaving. 

Yes Hogg is playing in the PL but for one of the worst/smallest clubs to have made it there, if/when they get relegated I can't see him getting a move to another PL club. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Here's my wish list:

Baker aside we let these players go because they weren’t good enough even though we were shit.

Have we fallen that far that we’d want them back! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Lichaj a couple of seasons ago would have been great. Full back who can play either side would be great to have. 

Baker would be a great #3 center back

Bannan is not needed. He is another Lansbury type player where he shows up once every few matches. 

Hogg would be nice. 

Robinson is not great. 

It's been a while since I last posted on here, but I remember this lunatic banging on about Barry Bannan being the next Gazza mixed with Ronaldinho. Is he still around :) ?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Papillon said:

It's been a while since I last posted on here, but I remember this lunatic banging on about Barry Bannan being the next Gazza mixed with Ronaldinho. Is he still around :) ?

@Con was the one who rated Bannan on here. He used produce heat maps of Bannan every week

17 hours ago, romavillan said:

I'd have Ciaran Clark and Baker back right now.

We need 2xCB, and 2 x Left back asap.

A better footballing RB would be nice, and a top goalkeeper too. Only other possible addition would be a mobile destroyer in midfield who's better than BB, Whelan and Jedi. We have a bagload of options up front with the academy lads coming through too. O'Hare might mature to be cover for the number 10 Grealish position, quite a lot of bodies wide and midfield really. 

Off the back of the second half Derby performance, adding 2 x CB and with better fullbacks our squad would look very tasty indeed.

A chill just ran down my spine but then I assumed/hoped/prayed, that you didn't mean playing together. They would be decent options as they have already proved at this level. Clark is probably available as well as he is not getting much game time at the moment. 

• Like 1