January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

16 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m pretty @Rob182 was joking , he’s just named old players as people are banging on about Robinson 

I can't believe I was quoted by 8 people, and didn't get a single like on my post that was clearly a joke. Thank you Mikey. You got it :hooray:

However, that being said...

Too often it feels like we sell young players for peanuts, when giving them a new contract and sending them out on a season-long loan might have been wiser. Just using some player sales from the last 3-4 years, Johnson, Robinson, Lichaj and Hogg have all gone on to become much better players by getting regular game-time at a lower level. They might not be good enough for our first eleven, but I think all of them could still be part of our squad - or at the least, could have been developed at other clubs and then sold for more money than we did.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

If we go up at the end of the season I would like us to sign the following players to keep us in the Premier League:

Gueye

Amavi

Veretout

Sad thing it would probably cost us £60-80m to get these 3 back :D 

• Like 3

as per usual I'm almost as interested in who we can sell or get rid off this transfer window as in who we can sign.

still sitting on far too many big contracts for players who doesn't contribute even close to what they are paid. And a few players who might be cheap but still are not worth to keep around.

McCormack, Richards, Landsbury, Jedi, Taylor.

Moreira, El Ghazi, Bunn, 

I'd also listen to offers if they came in for Kodija, Whelan, Hogan, Adomah, Elmo, Thor as they could all bring in actual paper money, if not much.

Obviously I'm not suggesting getting rid of all of them at once.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, sne said:

as per usual I'm almost as interested in who we can sell or get rid off this transfer window as in who we can sign.

still sitting on far too many big contracts for players who doesn't contribute even close to what they are paid. And a few players who might be cheap but still are worth to keep around.

Moreira, El Ghazi, Bunn, 

I'd also listen to offers if they came in for Kodija, Whelan, Hogan, Adomah, Elmo, Thor as they could all bring in actual paper money, if not much.

I would add Jedinak to the out tray and keep Hogan as with the January window looming Smith knows how to get the best out of Hogan.

Are you suggesting Villa should hold onto Richards??

Edited by striker

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I would add Jedinak to the out tray and keep Hogan as with the January window looming Smith knows how to get the best out of Hogan.

Are you suggesting Villa should hold onto Richards??

Sorry, had missed a "not" in my post :D 

Edited now

• Haha 1

On 13/11/2018 at 12:44, sparrow1988 said:

A chill just ran down my spine but then I assumed/hoped/prayed, that you didn't mean playing together. They would be decent options as they have already proved at this level. Clark is probably available as well as he is not getting much game time at the moment. 

He was cut from the Ireland squad this week which is desperate

On 13/11/2018 at 11:44, sparrow1988 said:

A chill just ran down my spine but then I assumed/hoped/prayed, that you didn't mean playing together. They would be decent options as they have already proved at this level. Clark is probably available as well as he is not getting much game time at the moment. 

I'd have them both back given our complete lack of centrebacks.

But I don't think either are particularly good.

Baker did a job a couple of seasons ago but letting him go was a big reason our defence got so much better last season (obviously replacing him with John Terry helped too!)

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He was cut from the Ireland squad this week which is desperate

Christ, that's awful. I think I'd have a pretty good chance of making that myself. I would at the very least try and show Bale on to his right foot as opposed to usher him inside on to his left. 

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Baker did a job a couple of seasons ago but letting him go was a big reason our defence got so much better last season (obviously replacing him with John Terry helped too!)

Was actually only a 6 goal difference though I think Terry organised us better in later moments of games. 1st season we conceded too many late goals at start of season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Was actually only a 6 goal difference though I think Terry organised us better in later moments of games. 1st season we conceded too many late goals at start of season

Wasn't just the stopping goals bit though.

Our distribution from defence was much much better. And a big part of that was because Baker was the worst hoofer in the team, and Terry was probably the best defender in the league on the ball.

8 hours ago, sne said:

still sitting on far too many big contracts for players who doesn't contribute even close to what they are paid. And a few players who might be cheap but still are not worth to keep around.

Moreira, El Ghazi, Bunn, 

I think if we can get Whelan and Jedi out the door six months early it will give us a bit more room to get some more in.

Both don't have long left in their careers to play some football, and they seem good professionals so maybe some agreement can be made..

• Like 2