January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Back on topic, Ampadu would be a great addition to our squad.

I get this whole "why should we be developing other premier league teams' players" stance.

But let's have a check here,  

Firstly, we are doing it this way as our own youngsters are not good enough. Simple as, and it is a bit of a cheaper option overall given our league and position.

Secondly, we once sent our 'Developing youngsters' to lower league teams to help them develop for us, so I have no problems with taking players on loan that want to learn and develop.

If it means getting more players like Tuanzebe and Bolasie then it's all good.

• Like 2

I wonder if he's the next Michael mancienne.

Young hyped by Chelsea he played CB and DM as well.

Turned out to be bang average.

I thought tish was coming back to prove himself and make that spot his own anyway we did fork out upwards of 5 mill for him.

Edited by AshVilla

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I thought tish was coming back to prove himself and make that spot his own anyway we did fork out upwards of 5 mill for him.

Yeah but Tish is absolutely **** toilet.

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Might be the next Nathan Aké?

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Back on topic, Ampadu would be a great addition to our squad.

I get this whole "why should we be developing other premier league teams' players" stance.

But let's have a check here,  

Firstly, we are doing it this way as our own youngsters are not good enough. Simple as, and it is a bit of a cheaper option overall given our league and position.

Secondly, we once sent our 'Developing youngsters' to lower league teams to help them develop for us, so I have no problems with taking players on loan that want to learn and develop.

If it means getting more players like Tuanzebe and Bolasie then it's all good.

I don't have a problem with loans out and loans in if it's for the development of our players and to get more experienced players in. But there is a fine line with loans that we shouldnt cross, those players who are having club troubles, falling out with the team, injury prone, not even put on the bench and struggling. Our club can do without those players who dont even make the bench who are hoping a club like us will come along and help revive a career that is dwindling at there current club, well those type of players we should not go for in loans.

We have the money and if we aren't going to breach FFP, I don't see why we can't move for inform players, not mess around with the loan market all for the sake of saving penny's. We have rich sugar daddy's, take advantage of it all so long as the players brought in are doing there job..

17 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I can’t say I know much about him. Could well be just lazy journalism. 

I've watched him a bit. He's a good player Scott in the game i have seen live of him (Stoke vs Brentford) and some other championship games on TV. Would prefer Chris Mepham though out of the two :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

We don't need more loans to develop other people's players tbh, we need to develop our own youth or buy players that we can develop to our benefit.

The only type of loans that should be justified now are the type where we genuinely plan to buy them at the end of the loan if they are any good (Try before you buy).

I thought we were trying to get out of the short term thinking.. .

Agree to an extent, the thing is, we also need points, and to push for promotion.

We also need players here who are used to a high level game to help us achieve that with this new system.

Makes no sense to buy big in January, so deals like these help us achieve our aims in the present, and also give smith and Co more time to evaluate/coach and integrate our own young ones.

I don't like loans either but I am very confident the Management/Coaching team guided by Jesus know what they are doing.

• Like 1

Ampadu is a defender by trade.. who will also play defensive midfield.

He is or was one of Exeter city's top talents to come through there youth system. His dad Quarme who now believe it or not is part of Thierry Henrys Monaco coaching staff always wanted him to stay at exeter and get to a level of first team football..

Anyway the kids talents woudknt keep the big boys away..  Chelsea snapped him up and will be paying exeter compo through the courts..

1 hour ago, Fowlersrs said:

Ampadu is a defender by trade.. who will also play defensive midfield.

He is or was one of Exeter city's top talents to come through there youth system. His dad Quarme who now believe it or not is part of Thierry Henrys Monaco coaching staff always wanted him to stay at exeter and get to a level of first team football..

Anyway the kids talents woudknt keep the big boys away..  Chelsea snapped him up and will be paying exeter compo through the courts..

Chelsea already paid compo mate £2.52m which is Exeter's record sale (Chelsea wanted pay £200k) Exeter only got £1.5mil for Ollie Watkins!

Exeter Chairman Julian Tagg  was disappointed as wanted over £5mil for him!

Edited by Villan4Life

10 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Chelsea already paid compo mate £2.52m which is Exeter's record sale (Chelsea wanted pay £200k) Exeter only got £1.5mil for Ollie Watkins!

Exeter Chairman Julian Tagg  was disappointed as wanted over £5mil for him!

Sorry to rage about this, but how this works in modern football pisses me off. Just not how it should be. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I've watched him a bit. He's a good player Scott in the game i have seen live of him (Stoke vs Brentford) and some other championship games on TV. Would prefer Chris Mepham though out of the two :D

Suspect he is a defenders that comfortable on the ball?

52 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Sorry to rage about this, but how this works in modern football pisses me off. Just not how it should be. 

Isnt this just life? The best talent gets poached by the biggest companies? 

If anything the modern aspect of it means clubs get compensation which is a good thing. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Its stockpiling of talent though. This is a new thing in football which only started last 10 years or so. 

Lot of these talents never develop as they dont play enough first team games. Chelsea are biggest offenders in this

Manchester City run them close. Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal are not too far behind those two either. They bring in all of the young talent they can in the hope that one will develop into a first team player and they can profit from selling on one of two others to the likes of us.

The problem is the young player's do not look beyond signing for one of these big clubs and the status and high wages that will initially bring them. Far better they sign for a club where if they are good enough they will get first team opportunities and develop as a player rather than be loaned out season after season or be left to rot outside of the first team squad.

15 minutes ago, John said:

The problem is the young player's do not look beyond signing for one of these big clubs and the status and high wages that will initially bring them. Far better they sign for a club where if they are good enough they will get first team opportunities and develop as a player rather than be loaned out season after season or be left to rot outside of the first team squad.

The flip side of course is that not only is a footballers career short, but anything can happen and instantly kill that career (injuries or illness etc), signing that first big contract (big in normal terms, not necessarily footballer terms) is a huge deal. A 16 year old could play in the conference on £200 a week and develop, or move to Chelsea on £5-10k a week and probably be loaned out to the same conference team anyway. 

Its a tough one, it's good for bigger clubs that can afford the risk of having young players on big contracts based on nothing but potential, it's good for young players getting some early security in the form of that contract, but it sucks for the smaller teams that get screwed over by tribunals. Maybe possible to have to include a 20% sell on fee on top of the tribunal amount, allows a club like Exeter to get the £2m odd tribunal fee, but also allows them some actual profit when that player is inevitably sold having never featured for the club he moved to

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Isnt this just life? The best talent gets poached by the biggest companies? 

If anything the modern aspect of it means clubs get compensation which is a good thing. 

I agree with Zatman, but I'd also add that your analogy isn't that good IMO. Firstly the compensation you get is too low. Secondly in business you can normally compete with giving your best employees  bonuses and salary bumps. In football isn't a level playing field at all. City and the likes can throw Exeters entire annual budget on the family of a given 17 year old. This simply doesn't happen in business. At least not in the engineering field I work.