January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Linked with Matt Penney from Sheffield Wednesday who played at left back in their recent victory against us at Villa Park, looked very good, it’s on the Birmingham Live website

i'll can't wait to see him dropping in at BMH

• Haha 1

On 13/10/2018 at 15:53, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Exactly what we need, more midfielders.

......of that quality.

we simply couldn't turn our nose up at that JV

Edited by TRO

On 13/11/2018 at 12:22, sne said:

Sad thing it would probably cost us £60-80m to get these 3 back :D 

and Marriot, Dack and Maddison, not to mention Cairney....were washing around in the lower divisions, .....Maddison with Coventry and Cairney with Blackburn and Hull.

We have them on our doorstep.....its takes conkers to give them a chance.....I think DS will spot more like this.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think if we can get Whelan and Jedi out the door six months early it will give us a bit more room to get some more in.

Both don't have long left in their careers to play some football, and they seem good professionals so maybe some agreement can be made..

Jedinak seems like the kind of guy to me who would want to be playing whilst the clock is ticking on his career, having said that he's not going to get a salary near anything what he is getting here anywhere else.

I see Jedinak as the Fellaini of the championship, puts himself about and very effective in both boxes.. but more suited to a defensive set up than an offensive one, so no longer required

Maybe we can offer him 40% of his remaining contract up front so he can go and sign for another club rather than sitting around wasting the final part of his career. He is 34 after all, will be 35 start of next season - I know what I'd rather do at that age.

Offer the same package to Richards, McCormack and Whelan and ask FFP not to include it in our figures as we are doing this to save money; getting rid of players that were signed by the previous regime that are not required.

49 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Pulis would probably give up one of his lungs for Jedi!

Might do the trick.

Perhaps with a fresh set of lungs Jedi wouldn't get knackered after 35 minutes when playing in midfield.

1 hour ago, sne said:

I know it's controversial but I'd be willing to cancel Moreira's loan and even El Ghazi's if it meant we could get this guy in on loan 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/14/chelsea-gary-cahill-loan-move-january

C'mon Terry, pull some strings!

Would be incredible.

However another story I read said we would be competing with Man U for his signature. Easy decision then.

Bring him home!:ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 15/11/2018 at 10:15, sne said:

I know it's controversial but I'd be willing to cancel Moreira's loan and even El Ghazi's if it meant we could get this guy in on loan 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/14/chelsea-gary-cahill-loan-move-january

C'mon Terry, pull some strings!

Can’t see this happening. Think there will be a stampede of Premiership teams seeking his services.

• Like 2

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leeds-avfc-nufc-wba-transfers-15428586

Kadeem Harris is a target for Championship rivals Aston Villa and Leeds United, according to reports.

The Cardiff winger started his first game of the season in the 2-1 win over Brighton and has scored one goal in the Premier League this term.

With his Cardiff contract due to expire next summer, The Sun report that Championship clubs are keeping tabs on Harris. Bolton Wanderers have also been linked with a move for the winger.

Watched that game and he did have an absolute stormer tbf.

I presumed he was some kid so looked him and surprised he is 25 and hadn't really played much or done much. Probably just had the game of his life and his agent is trying to keep his name in the papers and get some mug to give him a deal.