January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

53 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Is recalling Elphick actually an option?  It seems very rare these days to see players getting recalled from loans.

Yes, we have recall options on RDL, Elphick and Clark

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

Rico Henry a potential signing?

Henry is crap, there is a whole thread about it in other football.

Might be a different Henry thou come to think about it...

Is he the one who was at Walsall, LB?

40 minutes ago, sne said:

Henry is crap, there is a whole thread about it in other football.

Might be a different Henry thou come to think about it...

Is he the one who was at Walsall, LB?

?

He was the Walsall left-back, under Smith :) 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Rico Henry is supposed to be a really good prospect, but he has been out for a long time, could be a risk, may have seriously impact his development. 

Bit like with Amavi.

Took him ages to come back, but now he's doing really well again at Marseille.

Always a risk thou.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Rico Henry is supposed to be a really good prospect, but he has been out for a long time, could be a risk, may have seriously impact his development. 

Very good player i banged on about us signing him from Walsall years ago on here but alas not worth going for him until he has proved himself over few seasons as been injured for most of the last 2 years which is a shame as he was very good before injuries.

Alan judge and/or Powell would be two good players to look at imo in jan as both will be approaching last 6montvs on their contracts and offer something different t to what we currently have .... I also feel we need a new athletic DM & CB x2 .... Excited to see what smith does in Jan with the support of Suso ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Alan judge and/or Powell would be two good players to look at imo in jan as both will be approaching last 6montvs on their contracts and offer something different t to what we currently have .... I also feel we need a new athletic DM & CB x2 .... Excited to see what smith does in Jan with the support of Suso ... 

No to Alan Judge. Not the same player since had long term injury and he's 29 now. 

Hopefully we go for younger.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

Promising League 1 (Out of contract players potentially end of the season) 

Josh Maja (Sunderland)
Karlan Ahearne-Grant (Charlton)
Alex Mowatt (Barnsley)
Joe Aribo (Charlton)
Jordan Willis (Coventry)
Jack Grimmer (Coventry)
Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton)
Tariqe Fosu (Charlton)
Lee Burge (Coventry)
Josh Morris (Scunthorpe)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And here's some my suggestions from League 2 (Out of contract end of season) Maybe worth a look few gems in that division. Have watched the following close last 2 seasons.

Hiram Boateng (Exeter)
Baily Cargill (MK Dons)
Christy Pym (Exeter)
Sammie Szmodics (Colchester)
George Ray (Crewe)
Perry Ng (Crewe)
Michael Doughty (Swindon)
Jayden Stockley (Exeter)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Villan4Life, your knowledge is extraordinary 

Thanks mate, i hope Smith has a look at a few of these other clubs use bosman market for youngsters just fine. John Egan was on a free a few years back and now he is one of the best defenders in Championship alongside Jack O'Connell. time to be smart with signings for once

Even if it doesn't work could always punt them on for a small fee to someone else. Every signing is a gamble whether on a free or for big money.

Rather we went down young and hungry route (The players above are some of the best in their respective divisions) definately an improvement on likes of Jordan Bowery who wasn't one of the best when he was in League 2 for Chesterfield. Although he isn't doing badly i suppose for Crewe but he had his chance in higher division!

• Like 2