January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Linked with Jordan Jones of Kilmarnock who is  very good player. I've seen him play a number of times and potentially another gem for us from Scottish Premiership.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-leeds-2232335

Aston Villa are today being linked with a move for Northern Ireland international winger Jordan Jones, according to reports.

The 24-year-old has impressed with Scottish Premiership side Kilmarnock and he is attracting interest from England.

He moved to Scotland after being released by Middlesbrough two years ago.

According to the Daily Mail, Swansea City are also following the winger whose contract is set to expire at the end of the current season.

Rangers had moved for Jones in January but saw a £350,000 bid rejected. It's thought they could renew their interest with Jones free to speak with suitors from the new year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Didn’t know where else to put this but I thought Lovre Kalinic, who we nearly signed a few years ago but his work permit fell through, looked great in goal for Croatia against England today

Yes, he's top quality. We clearly were right about him back then. I'm sure as was said at the time some other clubs might not have been blocked quite so readily by the work permit rules. Was it Nigel Farage who advised them on the decision? :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, John said:

Yes, he's top quality. We clearly were right about him back then. I'm sure as was said at the time some other clubs might not have been blocked quite so readily by the work permit rules. Was it Nigel Farage who advised them on the decision? :rolleyes:

It was the first time I had seen him but he looked excellent, did you see the match John?

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Could we really sign Cahill?

I think we could, we need a centre back but I imagine that Cahill would be on a fair whack at Chelsea. I’d love him back, he was one of my heroes when I was growing up, had his name on the back of my shirt and he inspired my username on here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John said:

Margaret Byrne (Sunderland former Chief Exec) was on work permit panel at time for Lovre Kalinic and said no.. the other panel members agreed and we was in relegation dogfight at time  (Under Remi Garde)with them whilst she was in that role at Sunderland.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Margaret Byrne (Sunderland former Chief Exec) was on work permit panel at time for Lovre Kalinic and said no.. the other panel members agreed and we was in relegation dogfight at time  (Under Remi Garde)with them whilst she was in that role at Sunderland.

That will the same Margaret Byrne that hoped the Adam Johnson stuff would go away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whilst I think Cahill is a really good defender I really think we should be looking more long term. He would be a great short term fix but I don't think Smith will

be looking that way. The Aberdeen centre half would be more up his street and I  think that is the way forward.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Whilst I think Cahill is a really good defender I really think we should be looking more long term. He would be a great short term fix but I don't think Smith will

be looking that way. The Aberdeen centre half would be more up his street and I  think that is the way forward.

Have you or anyone else seen McKenna? I haven’t

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes I have and he is undoubtably very talented however that doesn't mean he'llmake it at this higher level.

I just think Smiths way is bringing in players just like him!

Edited by pintpotvilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It was the first time I had seen him but he looked excellent, did you see the match John?

I did and his game during the World Cup. I guess his asking price has gone up quite a bit now.

On 19/11/2018 at 02:57, Villan4Life said:

Linked with Jordan Jones of Kilmarnock who is  very good player. I've seen him play a number of times and potentially another gem for us from Scottish Premiership.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-leeds-2232335

We've been severely lacking in our "Jordan" quota of late, so I would welcome this transfer.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I have. watched him first time last season a couple of matches and few times this season. He would be a very good signing 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

I agree. As much as Cahill could make an impact and it would be nice to have him back we need to build, we need to think about more than the next 6 months as we’ve been doing for the last few years.

Look Wolves who went up and largely stuck with the team they had built compared to Fulham and their trolley dash. We need where we can to build a side with young ambitious players that can develop and that we own. If we then choose to add the odd bit of experience or a loan or two so be it but we can’t be built on that.

I can’t comment on the guy from Aberdeen as I’ve not seen him but there are good players to be found in Scotland as we’ve seen with McGinn. 

I’d much rather we sign someone like that than Cahill personally.

• Like 2