January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Cheeky bid for Welbeck?

Not for me, let Palace have him if they want him!! He's always injured and has declined rapidly last few years plus he's on big money! With Bolasie here on 80k a week Welbeck would be wanting the same and no doubt Arsenal would ask for the full whack to be paid.

I have feeling Smith won't be operating like that with players on massive wages like Welbeck.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I wish @Villan4Life worked for Villa.

How are the 2 Coventry lads you are excited about getting on?

Bayliss is having a great season as he was always the much better one out of the two, no brainier than to try for him! Shipley has been below average but he's only 21 but has lots of potential and could only improve under Smith.

I'm back @TheAuthority helping St Mirren freelancing for them and suggesting targets for Jan/Summer., currently helping few other clubs recruiting/giving suggestions at moment for Jan including trying find a striker for Sydney FC (Which is hard as not many good free agents around at moment and no way will i suggest Gabby Agbonlahor :D ).. I email Suso at Villa  but haven't heard back ah well :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Bayliss is having a great season as he was always the much better one out of the two, no brainier than to try for him! Shipley has been below average but he's only 21 but has lots of potential and could only improve under Smith.

I'm back @TheAuthority helping St Mirren freelancing for them and suggesting targets for Jan/Summer., currently helping few other clubs recruiting/giving suggestions at moment for Jan including trying find a striker for Sydney FC (Which is hard as not many good free agents around at moment and no way will i suggest Gabby Agbonlahor :D ).. I email Suso at Villa  but haven't heard back ah well :D

Being from Melbourne myself, I would encourage you to suggest Gabby Agbonlahor to Sydney FC.

Their basketball team got Andrew Bogut and life needs balance, so their football team can have Gab!

P.S Love your work.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Is recalling Elphick actually an option?  It seems very rare these days to see players getting recalled from loans.

Not for me. He's there because he wasn't doing it for us. I doubt he would be any better than he was for us previously if we called him back now.

He's not a young prospect getting games at another club with a view to returning to us. He's a player who is playing at another club with a view to getting a permanent deal there or somewhere else.

Bournemouth had the best out of him and he wasn't the same player following his move to us. Let's look elsewhere to resolve our issues at the centre of our defence. ?

• Like 2

Agreed. If Elphick is doing well, sell him while he has some stock. For whatever reasons its happening for him at Villa. He's far too slow for a dynamic team.

Buy Tuanzebe in the summer, try and sell Elphick, get a CB or two in Jan.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Agreed. If Elphick is doing well, sell him while he has some stock. For whatever reasons its happening for him at Villa. He's far too slow for a dynamic team.

Buy Tuanzebe in the summer, try and sell Elphick, get a CB or two in Jan.

We have no chance of selling Elphick, none.

He has already played for Villa and Hull this season so he can’t ply for another team.

So nobody is going to want to buy him unless it’s Hull and that’s pretty unlikely given their circumstances, the fact he is on loan there and available for free in the summer.

Even if a club other than Hull wanted to sign him Tommy isn’t going to go and sit in the stand until the summer.

• Like 1

To be fair I wasn't aware of his contract situation. In any case I'd like us to move on from him but would rather him back than putting Jedinak in there for instance. If we can get to Jan without losing a centre half, we can do without him.

10 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I would personally look at Elliott Embleton England u20 International on loan at Grimsby from Sunderland and having a great season.

Pushed for him on loan last season to a club i worked for but rejected idea! This kid is a baller

Nah, replica shirt would cost too much 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m delighted with Abraham’s overall play but he is not a finisher. 

Sneaky bid for Maupay?

One in two here and at Bristol suggests he is a finisher. His numbers will improve along with the team's. Swapping Maupay for Hogan would be welcome, mind.

7 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

One in two here and at Bristol suggests he is a finisher. His numbers will improve along with the team's. Swapping Maupay for Hogan would be welcome, mind.

Just watched his goal and it was a pure strikers goal to be fair. 

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh. His general play has been superb though. 

Callum Robinson is banging them in for Preston why ever did we let him go for just £150k?

Hope we had a sell on clause as Bournemouth are looking at him for around £10mil.

He is just the type of player Smith i feel would like back at Villa and could improve him even more.
Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:
Callum Robinson is banging them in for Preston why ever did we let him go for just £150k?

Hope we had a sell on clause as Bournemouth are looking at him for around £10mil.

He is just the type of player Smith i feel would like back at Villa and could improve him even more.

To be honest with the way we were being run when he left i'd be amazed if the clowns involved in selling him included a sell on fee! If they did good old Dr Tony has probably already taken a lower fee back when he was attempting to raise cash to keep us going!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Lambert preferred to buy from the Bulgarian 9th division rather than play home grown talent that costs nothing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1