The NSWE Board

Guest av1

54 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Does anyone have any idea what TV money is awarded per place finished in the league? Or a rough estimate? 

It can be quite complicated as teams receive monies based on a few different factors - have a read through this:

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/club-by-club-a-breakdown-of-the-2019-20-premier-league-prize-money

17. Aston Villa

Actual league position: 17th
Equal share: £31.8m
Facility fees: £13.4m
Merit payment: £7.1m
Overseas TV income: £48.8m
Commercial revenue: £5m
Total: £106.1m

But it'll be more pronounced this season as the distribution of Overseas TV income has changed and will reflect position in the table more than it has previously. Dependent on Covid, a finish in the top half could potentially see us to nearly £150m. 

Possibly worth noting that season ticket income is less than £15m as a comparison.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I have just watched a football daily video on Everton’s spending under their new owners, it came up with a table of the teams with the highest net spend on players over the past five seasons over the top five European leagues and we are tenth!

Man City -563

Man Utd -498

PSG - 335

Barcelona -334

Inter Milan -317

Arsenal -307

AC Milan -264

Chelsea -264

Everton -256

Aston Villa -252

19 minutes ago, paul514 said:

So I have just watched a football daily video on Everton’s spending under their new owners, it came up with a table of the teams with the highest net spend on players over the past five seasons over the top five European leagues and we are tenth!

Man City -563

Man Utd -498

PSG - 335

Barcelona -334

Inter Milan -317

Arsenal -307

AC Milan -264

Chelsea -264

Everton -256

Aston Villa -252

amazing to think that 100m of that net spend was spunked in the championship years and the (mostly) failed purchases where we didnt get straight back up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2021 at 09:30, YouUnastanFren said:

You have to hit a line of moving Steve Bruces while they bend down to pull their boots on, dust themselves down and roll their sleeves up. If you knock one over you get a Dean Smith plushie

The Joleon Lescott Phone Fumble - you have to put a phone in your pocket and adjust your trousers for 30 seconds. If you successfully post a picture of a sports car to Twitter, Tony Xia will print and send you a degree from the University of Oxford (£5 postage and packaging). 

Edens’ Fortress fund have been linked to purchasing a stake in Inter ... Be good to have a feeder club 

https://sempreinter.com/2021/03/02/inter-owners-suning-receive-hybrid-offer-from-fortress-italian-media-report/

Fortress have offered a mix between equity and a loan, which would aim to help Suning repay their expiring bonds, worth a total of €375 million.

The report said it would become clearer in the next few days whether negotiations between the parties could properly take off.

Suning are known to be keen on covering Inter’s short-term costs by securing a loan, as it would enable them to remain owners for the time being.

Fortress are thought to be an alternative to Bain Capital in this regard, another US-based firm with whom Suning have had contact and who are also open to a hybrid-style solution.

52 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Edens’ Fortress fund have been linked to purchasing a stake in Inter ... Be good to have a feeder club 

https://sempreinter.com/2021/03/02/inter-owners-suning-receive-hybrid-offer-from-fortress-italian-media-report/

Does Wes just have a look around and see what underachieving clubs the Chinese are f***ing up and say to himself 'I'm having a bit of that'?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

If they thought the last two summers were expensive, this one is going to be a humdinger.

They really need to lock DS in a room and tell him to go out and find two world class players, one a winger and as good as Ollie has done he will likely be 1 in 3 striker this season and that won't get you close to top 4 anytime soon. It's not really about signing another 5-6 for "depth", just those 2-3 who can really push us on. Newcastle signed Saint Maximn for about 25m and and Man. United got Fernandes for around 40m so that's the sort of quality we need to be targeting from abroad now, key players in decent leagues.

Shortly after Chelsea and Man. City got taken over they went out and signed the best. Obviously we're way down the pecking order for that but one thing this season is increasingly showing is 38 games is tough for consistant form for those who've stepped up a league.

If they don't think DS will have pull as manager to get in the sort of players Ancelotti has signed in last 12 months then I think we'll have to make a decision in a years time.

I hope I'm wrong but this all feels like it's based on Jack staying here until he retires and remote chance he'll do that and I really hope things don't collapse like a deck of cards as they did after we lost Young and Milner a decade ago. These 5-6 games we've just played is the warning, we're barely even creating many chances now.

Think this week will mark 25 years since we last won a trophy. Over 10 since we qualified for europe. Pretty sobering when you see that and even though we've done alright for most part this season a bottom half finish looks increasingly on the cards. Just feels like this club simply isn't ruthless enough at key moments in seasons and lets things slip too easily.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I hope I'm wrong but this all feels like it's based on Jack staying here until he retires and remote chance he'll do that and I really hope things don't collapse like a deck of cards as they did after we lost Young and Milner a decade ago. These 5-6 games we've just played is the warning, we're barely even creating many chances now.

Agree, if anything that (Milner, Young etc) should be the warning sign. Seen it far too often.. We need to target quality not quantity now.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Â