The NSWE Board

Guest av1

40 minutes ago, Risso said:

They're superb owners. All of the money invested is share capital, so we don't owe them a penny in loans, or pay any interest.

Agree completely with this, my only worry is the selling of VP but I'm sure they'll have a clever plan to get that back under the ownership of the club itself.

I have heard in the past that big six have created a sort of voting block in the premier league to push their own interests. I wonder whether we could do something similar with the other progressive clubs trying to break up the big six monopoly (Leicester, Everton, Wolves, West Ham, Southampton etc.)? Probably too much rivalry and mistrust for that but could be some merit in a coordinated approach. We know the big six get together outside of the PL meetings to discuss European super leagues and other such nonsense so maybe we should be doing the same? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

That is beautiful reading. We are very lucky with the owners that we have.

But how many comments before there is a screenshot of Nyland vs Sheff Utd and the phantom goal?

My guess is it's within the first 7.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

But how many comments before there is a screenshot of Nyland vs Sheff Utd and the phantom goal?

I've started immediately blocking anyone on Twitter who mentions it. It's a pathetic and baseless argument.

But ignoring them, how fantastic is that to read. I know its from the 18/19 accounts but I doubt the situation has changed much since. The only club not to owe a penny. These guys are incredible.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Agree completely with this, my only worry is the selling of VP but I'm sure they'll have a clever plan to get that back under the ownership of the club itself.

if we were a london club i might be but in reality that land has got to be worth not a lot in the grand scheme of things, for us to move would be based on a lot of factors, becoming way more successful being one of them so its rough with the smooth

i think it was a quick and easy FFP thing that one day they'll reverse

im pretty sure the deloitte investigation to football finances that preceded FFP had us in the exact same position on that table, bottom and the only club in the black 

would have been under lerner and with us having a childrens charity on the front of our shirt

taken a long time to get back, i think you can make a good argument that FFP or more specifically Lerner's reaction to it means that it hindered us more than any other club

The stadium not being owned could also be a good thing, in a way. They can do whatever upgrades they like and it won't affect our FFP, as far as I know anyway. Hopefully the same thing will apply to the training ground if/when they decide to do something with that.

We truly won the lottery when these guys took over, bar a billionaire Villa fan buying us, this was the takeover we all dreamed of.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Hopefully the same thing will apply to the training ground if/when they decide to do something with that.

They've done something with that. 

Twice.

The first time in the massive extension project that included the addition of three new pitches, a clubhouse, gym, parking and a grandstand for the youth teams and the second in the imminently opening extension to the first team gym and recovery facility.

Bodymoor was massively improved under Lerner, it's been massively improved again under NSWE.

When I first visited the U23 area for a game, I initially assumed I must have driven past the entrance - the drive from one end of Bodymoor to the other is now that long.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2021 at 22:41, ender4 said:

I wonder whether the owners have watched the last two games and are either completely confused and bemused by the games... or are angry and even more determined to break the corrupt cartel at the top of the league.

"corrupt cartel"....absolutely perfect way of summing it all up.

Jackie Chan Thumbs Up GIF

2 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I have heard in the past that big six have created a sort of voting block in the premier league to push their own interests. I wonder whether we could do something similar with the other progressive clubs trying to break up the big six monopoly (Leicester, Everton, Wolves, West Ham, Southampton etc.)? Probably too much rivalry and mistrust for that but could be some merit in a coordinated approach. We know the big six get together outside of the PL meetings to discuss European super leagues and other such nonsense so maybe we should be doing the same? 

I have a feeling that Purslow will be looking for a seat at that 'big six' table rather than a lower tier block.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I dunno but we're never ever allowed to question a decision again because of it.

Also, as the rule seems to be that you get to make up all the results following a phantom goal I'm going to declare England winners of the 2010 World Cup.

18 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

The stadium not being owned could also be a good thing, in a way. They can do whatever upgrades they like and it won't affect our FFP, as far as I know anyway. Hopefully the same thing will apply to the training ground if/when they decide to do something with that.

We truly won the lottery when these guys took over, bar a billionaire Villa fan buying us, this was the takeover we all dreamed of.

It wouldn’t affect ffp anyway as it isn’t counted 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Amazing.  I wonder why we have that random 0.3m owner loan outstanding. I guess just never tidied up from the original purchase.  

PS - Chelsea would be so screwed if Abramovich got bored.

The stadium doesn't count towards FFP? I didn't know that. I think we all know the reason why they sold the stadium to themselves, as every other club in the Championship at the time was looking at the same thing. 

The stadium must count towards something financing wise? Accounts etc

7 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

The stadium doesn't count towards FFP? I didn't know that. I think we all know the reason why they sold the stadium to themselves, as every other club in the Championship at the time was looking at the same thing. 

The stadium must count towards something financing wise? Accounts etc

Any costs to stadium enhancements don't count towards FFP. 

Selling the stadium did count due to a loophole, that loophole has now been closed.

17 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Amazing to think we are limited by FFP when we are completely debt free like that. What a shite system.

If FFP had a spending cap or something, we'd be the richest team in the league right now. But since it doesn't, and the hierarchy is determined by revenue, which invariably favours the bigger clubs, we'll always be that bit behind regardless of how prudently the club is run. It's a shit system indeed.

• Like 3

I think Everton are in a similar position - I think they levelled off that £50m loan shown by selling the training ground naming rights or something similar, so I think they too are pretty clean. Fulham/West Brom pretty healthy too.

Just shows how well run we are from top to bottom, what a 'sliding doors' difference to the shambles we were 3 years ago.

Edited by thunderball

Â