The NSWE Board

Guest av1

17 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

They started our strange run of good luck, we have gone from having a lot to wrong to lots to right.

Massive intelligent investment both short and long term plus huge amounts of hard work, always seams to encourage Lady Luck to smile more broadly than usual. 

13 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

The Big 6 I was referring two were the 6 clubs that attempted a take over of the Prem earlier this year. Project Big picture. 

Arsenal

Manchester united 

Manchester city 

Liverpool 

Tottenham

Chelsea

They are basically the 6 biggest companies.

Rule changes have mean't that traditionally bigger clubs then some of them have little chance of breaking in to a top 6. The next being number of substitutes, the more the better for them, Liverpool are never using their quota, yet they want more, thus the big 6 will have bigger squads and buy up all the talent, putting another nail in the coffin of those trying to climb up a pyramid made of glass.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

What these guys have achieved in 2.5 years is nothing short of miraculous. I have honestly never been happier supporting this great club. The first team are playing brilliantly, we have a great manager (not always my feeling), the strongest set of youth players I can remember and best of all we have a bunch of players who genuinely seem to care about our club and are really good blokes.

Who knows where we will be in another 2.5 years but I honestly believe that for the first time in decades, something special is possible. We have got our Villa back. UTV

Completely agree... but with a caveat that I worry if they aim for 4 top and find the glass ceiling means we can never quite make it and after 3 years of trying then they get fed up and give up.

In the end, they are businessmen and investing in Villa to make money through capital growth ie: the value of the club.

30 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Completely agree... but with a caveat that I worry if they aim for 4 top and find the glass ceiling means we can never quite make it and after 3 years of trying then they get fed up and give up.

In the end, they are businessmen and investing in Villa to make money through capital growth ie: the value of the club.

Hopefully NSWE have way more savvy than our previous owners, well that's my impression.

I think they know how to make money regardless of the business.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

35 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why would there be a glass ceiling? 

They are not a shit or bust outfit like Lerner/Xia. Leicester have shown that savvy, continued investment can propel teams into that top 4. Spurs being another example, 15yrs ago they were a joke, and now they are considered one of the "big 6". 

They may take us to the top, they may not, but I don't see there being any glass ceiling as such. 

Just now, av1 said:

Why would there be a glass ceiling? 

Mainly because of FFP and therefore revenue/turnover.

We will never close the gap in revenue until we qualify for Champions League, and it’s very unlikely to qualify for the Champions League until we close the revenue gap (and therefore doubling our annual wage bill and transfer kitty).

We are going to have to do things a very clever way, which is even harder now you have Spurs fully established in the top 6 and Leicester also qualifying for Europe regularly.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Mainly because of FFP and therefore revenue/turnover.

We will never close the gap in revenue until we qualify for Champions League, and it’s very unlikely to qualify for the Champions League until we close the revenue gap (and therefore doubling our annual wage bill and transfer kitty).

We are going to have to do things a very clever way, which is even harder now you have Spurs fully established in the top 6 and Leicester also qualifying for Europe regularly.

How did Leicester do it then? 

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm not as pessimistic about it as others, I think we can break that Top 4/6 if the trajectory continues.

Leicester however managed it with a perfect storm that propelled them from relegation fodder to League Winners and Champions League club in one year. We should look to emulate their recruitment and investment in terms of reproducing the form and continued success they've shown *since* that season.

But we shouldn't hang out hat on having a Leicester-esque season to get there. It would be incredible, but a more likely way would be the Spurs route of continued improvement and investment. Getting top dollar if/when players move on. But hopefully invest that money more consistently than maybe they have 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm not as pessimistic about it as others, I think we can break that Top 4/6 if the trajectory continues.

Leicester however managed it with a perfect storm that propelled them from relegation fodder to League Winners and Champions League club in one year. We should look to emulate their recruitment and investment in terms of reproducing the form and continued success they've shown *since* that season.

But we shouldn't hang out hat on having a Leicester-esque season to get there. It would be incredible, but a more likely way would be the Spurs route of continued improvement and investment. Getting top dollar if/when players move on. But hopefully invest that money more consistently than maybe they have 

Agreed. It's certainly achievable. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Well that’s part of our problem, each new team that gets into Europe makes it harder for us to break that ceiling.

And they were a freak result that probably won’t be replicated for another 50 years!

I think it was during the Chelsea game that Dean Smith said it'll take about 3 seasons to get the squad we want. He has previously mentioned that you need to be in the premier League for about 3 seasons continuously for the FFP to sort itself out. Meaning that the FFP is raised for your club.

Kagawa has been mentioned however I think we should bypass that and try and recruit two maybe three from South Korea and Japan for our academy or (even first team squad if they're good enough). This will open up a huge boost for our revenue streams.

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

How many do they have at this point? Girona, New York City and now this one? 

Also, a Japanese club, Indian club, and an Australian club as well

Edited by ender4

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

How many do they have at this point? Girona, New York City and now this one? 

'Now we have eight': Manchester City’s sister clubs spread the word across the world

CFG has 2,000-plus employees who oversee more than 1,500 footballers who play 2,500 games a year for its eight clubs across Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australasia. Marwood is responsible for all of these apart from Manchester City, who are led by Txiki Begiristain, the sporting director.

CFG’s other teams are New York City, Melbourne City, Girona, Uruguay’s Atlético Torque, China’s Sichuan Jiuniu and India’s Mumbai City. As leader of global football’s 100-strong staff Marwood stipulates that all its clubs play the same style as CFG’s flagship: Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City, Premier League champions for the past two years, who last season completed a historic domestic clean sweep.

'Now we have eight': Manchester City’s sister clubs spread the word across the world | Manchester City | The Guardian

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

strange article

man city, NYC, melbourne, girona, AT, sichuan Jiuniu and MC is 7 clubs for a start not 8

and its more than that, the city football group also own Lommel in the belgian 2nd division, troyes in france, yokohama in japan and then an affiliation with NAC Breda in Holland and a Venezuelan club (who are sending city a player via Lommel in May)

the unspoken bit about it was then looking at where etihad were opening up new flights to, mumbai was definitely one, they bought the club after opening up a lot of flights there but they dont fly to chengdu or anywhere in south america so that angle is out

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

strange article

man city, NYC, melbourne, girona, AT, sichuan Jiuniu and MC is 7 clubs for a start not 8

and its more than that, the city football group also own Lommel in the belgian 2nd division, troyes in france, yokohama in japan and then an affiliation with NAC Breda in Holland and a Venezuelan club (who are sending city a player via Lommel in May)

the unspoken bit about it was then looking at where etihad were opening up new flights to, mumbai was definitely one, they bought the club after opening up a lot of flights there but they dont fly to chengdu or anywhere in south america so that angle is out

They do (or at least did) fly to Chengdu... Because I flew there with them in 2019 via Abu Dhabi ;)

• Like 1

Â