The NSWE Board

Guest av1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Amazing.  I wonder why we have that random 0.3m owner loan outstanding. I guess just never tidied up from the original purchase.  

PS - Chelsea would be so screwed if Abramovich got bored.

Meanwhile Spurts have painted themselves into a corner. 

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

The stadium doesn't count towards FFP? I didn't know that. I think we all know the reason why they sold the stadium to themselves, as every other club in the Championship at the time was looking at the same thing. 

The stadium must count towards something financing wise? Accounts etc

Selling it counted towards FFP through a loophole now closed. Upgrading or building a new stadium doesn’t not count towards it

51 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Meanwhile Spurts have painted themselves into a corner. 

They'll be absolutely fine as long as there's no sort of unexpected and unprecedented event that causes a sudden jolt to their income stream. 

Ah.

(In fairness, they've already taken steps and restructured their debt to some sort of bond scheme that gives them security in terms of paying it back - it's almost entirely stadium debt too rather than operating debt. As long as football (and by football I mean football the TV show) doesn't collapse, they've got a pretty sensible plan in place.)

Chelsea on the other hand.....

3 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Hopefully the same thing will apply to the training ground if/when they decide to do something with that. 

Yeah, as stated above they've done a ton of work at Bodymoor Heath.  They lost a big chunk of it to HS2 so had to rebuild and reconfigure at lot of it, for which we were handsomely rewarded by HS2. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, as stated above they've done a ton of work at Bodymoor Heath.  They lost a big chunk of it to HS2 so had to rebuild and reconfigure at lot of it, for which we were handsomely rewarded by HS2. 

Sure I read somewhere we got circa £50m for the CPO 

20 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I dunno but we're never ever allowed to question a decision again because of it.

Also, as the rule seems to be that you get to make up all the results following a phantom goal I'm going to declare England winners of the 2010 World Cup.

If you’re doing that though you’ll have to disallow the goal against Trinidad where Crouch pulls the defender’s hair and England don’t even get out of the group. :P

Edited by sparrow1988

6 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

If you’re doing that though you’ll have to disallow the goal against Trinidad where Crouch pulls the defender’s hair and England don’t even get out of the group. :P

That was 2006 😉

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tayls said:

Are we in debt now after the first season in the prem? 

Good question, I’d imagine our finances would look different this year. Loss of revenue through covid etc. How would that effect us going forward? Who knows. The owners are still committed by the looks of it and it looks like we *might* finish this season so we get the main jackpot in TV money. 

On 22/01/2021 at 13:14, YouUnastanFren said:

Agree completely with this, my only worry is the selling of VP but I'm sure they'll have a clever plan to get that back under the ownership of the club itself.

That was something they HAD to do, because of the FPP requirement. The only way round our problems, largely caused by the Xia years, was to 'artificially' increase the money coming into the club.  I'm certain that when circumstances allow, they'll get it back into the club's hands somehow. It really doesn't matter though.

On 24/01/2021 at 16:42, HalfTimePost said:

Didn't know where to post this, but it's clear to everybody that we have a plan in investing in young, talented players. It's an obvious enough plan that any club would try. - we tried ourselves with no success at all at the start of Lamberts era.

It appears to be working though, such an exciting time for the club. Like I said, nothing new here, just nice to see it visually and others picking it up and NSWE, Purslow and more recently Lange deserve a lot of credit as well as JT and Dean

That's what we want to see!

17 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Does anyone have any idea what TV money is awarded per place finished in the league? Or a rough estimate? 

It is £2m per place for the merit award going from £38m down from the Champions. Then there are all the add on’s but the differential from say 6th to 7th is £2m.

• Thanks 1

Â