The NSWE Board

Guest av1

Yeah, every stadium starts off as soulless.

I'm sure many in say Milan thought that the San Siro was a monstrosity when first erected back in the 1920's. Now it's a charming landmark and a historical (in football terms) site. Sadly it's also outdated, decrepit and no longer fit for purpose for clubs wanting to play in the CL (or new super league) so it will be replaced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

You are right today, but in 50 years time our grandchildren will think differently. In 50 years time, the Etihad will be a historic venue. 

Aston Villa is greater than Villa Park, and Villa Park MK2 will also form a part of the great history one day. 

Although I hope we can modernise and improve our current stadium, I wouldn't be opposed to a new one.

But I won't be around in 50 years time to marvel in the history of the "new" stadium so, from a purely selfish perspective, but also, I believe, a commercial one, I hope that we develop what we have currently and maintain its uniqueness, beauty and tradition! 

Are there any realistic locations for building a new stadium where Villa could also develop the area around it? Anywhere more suitable than where Villa Park is now?

As others have said I see no point in building a new stadium in the current location.

On 02/04/2021 at 19:19, M_Afro said:

All of my years of supporting this club I have seen an endless cycle of building, selling our best players and starting all over again! It has been infuriating.

These guys are working so hard to buck that trend. I absolutely love what they are doing. Maybe, just maybe something special is on the horizon. Continuing to keep our best players is a very good start. UTV. SOTC

It’s not the end of the world to sell it be of your best players of it is right for all parties. It’s a part of the game. The issue is if you are always doing it and who you replace them with.

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

It’s not the end of the world to sell it be of your best players of it is right for all parties. It’s a part of the game. The issue is if you are always doing it and who you replace them with.

Selling your best players who are converting games to wins is not the way to go for any owner who wants to win things. If want to be a mid table or less team then yeah go ahead and sell by all means and make money, some Owners want more though and I do believe and from what our Owners said about "not here to make up the numbers", that were going to compete for trophys and titles..

Sometimes as an Owner you have to be tough and ruthless and unless a crazy offer comes tell them to piss off, your there to please your business not everyone else and certainly not another club. If a player wants to go but you see them as someone who's putting 300 percent in and still does there job, you tell them know your staying put and under contract.

Our Owners will look out for Villa before any other club and they will certainly try to change any players mind if they try push the sell me button. They have the money to change players minds as well so I don't think we have to worry about any club coming in for anyone we want to keep..

NSWE will be full on burning holes in pockets come summer and I reckon we may be shocked at a few signings who we may see join us and not because if one reason but because of a few..

Edited by Dave-R

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Selling your best players who are converting games to wins is not the way to go for any owner who wants to win things. If want to be a mid table or less team then yeah go ahead and sell by all means and make money, some Owners want more though and I do believe and from what our Owners said about "not here to make up the numbers", that were going to compete for trophys and titles..

Sometimes as an Owner you have to be tough and ruthless and unless a crazy offer comes tell them to piss off, your there to please your business not everyone else and certainly not another club. If a player wants to go but you see them as someone who's putting 300 percent in and still does there job, you tell them know your staying put and under contract.

Our Owners will look out for Villa before any other club and they will certainly try to change any players mind if they try push the sell me button. They have the money to change players minds as well so I don't think we have to worry about any club coming in for anyone we want to keep..

NSWE will be full on burning holes in pockets come summer and I reckon we may be shocked at a few signings who we may see join us and not because if one reason but because of a few..

I disagree, the board would be nuts to turn down similar offers made for Leicester players, when the offer is big and the player wants to go you sell and re invest.

A little bit of a caveat on that furlough thing - it's worth remembering that the majority of match day staff at Villa Park don't work for Aston Villa - Compass will have furloughed the catering staff for example and those that work for agencies will have been subject to whatever their agencies did, so the vast majority of the match day catering staff for will have been furloughed through their own employer. I'm sure there are similar things for some of the stewarding and so on. The club shop staff I think work for Fanatics, not Villa, so again they might well have been furloughed.

That said, it's excellent that Villa themselves committed to paying those people directly employed out of the clubs funds rather than relying on the taxpayer.

@DCJonah would your feelings towards NSWE change much if they dumped Smith this summer? I don’t see it happening myself and would only be in favour if we were to get a Rangnick or someone of his stature & ilk. 

Have to remember the reported interest in Henry driven by NS so maybe they do want a bigger name manager due the next stage of development and spending ...

Edited by thabucks

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

@DCJonah would your feelings towards NSWE change much if they dumped Smith this summer? I don’t see it happening myself and would only be in favour if we were to get a Rangnick or someone of his stature & ilk. 

Have to remember the reported interest in Henry driven by NS so maybe they do want a bigger name manager due the next stage of development and spending ...

Maybe. They've have my trust and if it was for the type of manager that could take us further and they backed him, I could see it but would be a little gutted. 

A bit like Smith, until they do something to lose my faith in them, I'll support their decisions.

• Like 1

Â