The NSWE Board

Guest av1

I think the biggest compliment you could pay these additions to the board would be if they had been made to the Blues board you would believe that the San Giro quarter would actually happen. Actions not words again from our owners. 

1 hour ago, andycv said:

I've said this in the Villa Park development thread - but all the new Directors have also been appointed as Directors of NSWE Stadium Ltd - which owns Villa Park and is listed as a property investment company.

Bashir has also been appointed as director of every connected V sports company, while the other 2 are just appointed to NSWE.

• Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Bashir has also been appointed as director of every connected V sports company, while the other 2 are just appointed to NSWE.

Which I think probably reflects that during his time here, Nassif has begun to take the lead role.

On that note, I'd kind of assumed that if Atairos has taken for example 20%, it would mean Nassif and Wes each giving up 10% - but I guess it's possible that one rather than the other might have given up the lions share.

• Like 1

All three new directors have been appointed to all Villa related companies listed on companies house, mens team, the womens team, the stadium, and the foundation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Which I think probably reflects that during his time here, Nassif has begun to take the lead role.

On that note, I'd kind of assumed that if Atairos has taken for example 20%, it would mean Nassif and Wes each giving up 10% - but I guess it's possible that one rather than the other might have given up the lions share.

I'm not sure that either of them will think that they've given anything up.  I don't think this was about raising capital - it's about driving the club to the next level (however that happens).  Atairos will be bringing something that makes it easier to get to a £1b valuation rather than a £500m valuation.  So I think NS and WE will both be thinking that this deal makes the value of their personal investment worth more.  They'll be thinking £s rather than %s. 

The new board appointments make me slightly less nervous that whilst NSWE were good in supporting Emery's team to achieve footballing success, they were also happy to milk more cash from those of us of an increasing fan base that could fit inside an unexpanded and increasingly outdated Villa Park.

11 minutes ago, brommy said:

The new board appointments make me slightly less nervous that whilst NSWE were good in supporting Emery's team to achieve footballing success, they were also happy to milk more cash from those of us of an increasing fan base that could fit inside an unexpanded and increasingly outdated Villa Park.

The two go together no? Stadium will increase revenues and with new PL rules our revenues will be directly correlated to supporting Emery's team with the cap of 70% revenue to wages. 

In fact I wonder if NSWE was waiting for the Premier League to pass the 70% revenue/wages rules before comitting, there's no other way to keep up with top 6 now then to rapidly increase revenues and new stadium is a must in that case. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/04/2024 at 23:19, Alakagom said:

In fact I wonder if NSWE was waiting for the Premier League to pass the 70% revenue/wages rules before comitting, there's no other way to keep up with top 6 now then to rapidly increase revenues and new stadium is a must in that case. 

The Premier Leage rule changes are irrelevant for the top clubs as the UEFA ones are more stringent and we all have to comply with them already.

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

To swap attention to Nassef his wealth has gone up by 410 million dollars in the last 9 days !  Largely due to his Adidas shares going up strongly. 

that them bouncing back after the kanye stuff? i never understood how KW had so much sway over the share price of adidas

as for Wes, nice almost polite throwaway question about Aston Villa...perfect response, could give a 10 second smile and simple answer but that's a guy who supports us and id say lives it too, he's proud of it too

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

To swap attention to Nassef his wealth has gone up by 410 million dollars in the last 9 days !  Largely due to his Adidas shares going up strongly. 

Half of that would get us the North Stand development and Villa Live building. Come on Nas, it's a great use of your spare change. 

Â