The NSWE Board

Guest av1

21 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

They do (or at least did) fly to Chengdu... Because I flew there with them in 2019 via Abu Dhabi ;)

Then my conspiracy theory is alive and well! 

They're buying football clubs globally to grow a market base in areas where they are then opening up flight routes 

They're pissing hundreds of millions away as a marketing exercise under the guise of a footballing takeover 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

strange article

man city, NYC, melbourne, girona, AT, sichuan Jiuniu and MC is 7 clubs for a start not 8

and its more than that, the city football group also own Lommel in the belgian 2nd division, troyes in france, yokohama in japan and then an affiliation with NAC Breda in Holland and a Venezuelan club (who are sending city a player via Lommel in May)

the unspoken bit about it was then looking at where etihad were opening up new flights to, mumbai was definitely one, they bought the club after opening up a lot of flights there but they dont fly to chengdu or anywhere in south america so that angle is out

They've bought Bolivar based in Ecuador. So it makes 8.

9 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

They've bought Bolivar based in Ecuador. So it makes 8.

That's not what I meant, the article says they own 8 clubs but then lists 7, it's bad editing

And then they don't own 8 they own more so it's wrong anyway 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know whether the owners are happy to keep putting in but man, we are onto something here.

We're in an OK spot and have been robbed blind of so many points. By my count at least 6 from Brighton, West Ham, Burnley, Utd and City.

One more Summer of bringing in 4/5 good players we'll be well in the top 4 mix.

Grealish makes it all possible, keep him, anything is possible. I hope they know that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't know whether the owners are happy to keep putting in but man, we are onto something here.

We're in an OK spot and have been robbed blind of so many points. By my count at least 6 from Brighton, West Ham, Burnley, Utd and City.

Grealish makes it all possible, keep him, anything is possible. I hope they know that.

What was the Burnley one? We just missed too many chances that game. Can’t remember being robbed. 

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We need to make a name signing I think. Someone just coming in to their best years. Someone who's at the sky 6 as a middle finger to them.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What was the Burnley one? We just missed too many chances that game. Can’t remember being robbed. 

El Ghazi robbed us of two points that game :lol:

Perhaps "points we deserved" was a better phrase to use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder whether the owners have watched the last two games and are either completely confused and bemused by the games... or are angry and even more determined to break the corrupt cartel at the top of the league.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I said similar in the match thread. I think we are 12 months from competing for the title.

4 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I said similar in the match thread. I think we are 12 months from competing for the title.

I think that's wildly optimistic. 

We are much better than last season but still miles away from that. And even if we do get there the authorities will try and stop it no doubt

4 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

We are much better than last season but still miles away from that. And even if we do get there the authorities will try and stop it no doubt

18 months ago I'd have agreed that title talk was madness, I probably still do tbh. That said, I'd find it quite difficult to argue against the point that we are 3/4 good signings away from Leicester. 

And given how they are doing this season those two viewpoints probably contradict each other. 

16 hours ago, ender4 said:

I wonder whether the owners have watched the last two games and are either completely confused and bemused by the games... or are angry and even more determined to break the corrupt cartel at the top of the league.

I really hope this is close to where they are at.

They came in with a huge plan for the club, they are and will be investing heavily to bring us success but I'm worried that the only thing that will stop this juggernaut is the boys coming to the conclusion that the game is bent and cutting their loses and selling up.

Europa should be our realistic target this season if not this certainly next season in my opinion. Would love us to go back in to europa league, I know many don’t like it but it would be great to us in that competition again and I’m sure under NSWE we would have a squad to cope with both PL/Europa. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

£20 says we are challenging in 12 months. I think we will be extremely competitive, although that does depend on keeping Dougie and Jack.

15 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I think all these shenanigans will work to our favour mate, these guys are serial winners and winners are not quitters, it will drive them on to succeed even more. 

I think so too but it just feels like we are not all on a level playing field sometimes and I'm sick of hearing .... "the big 6", really hope we shove them words down as many throats as possible.

• Like 1

Â