Christian Purslow

villan-scott

5 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Precisely this. And this is why we should be looking to keep as many of this year's squad and adding to it rather than getting rid of the majority. As per my post in the transfers thread 

Yeah we need about 4-5 quality big name players i think.

We need a rb cm striker and two wingers

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know since lockdown and especially the last four games we have been defensive great I would in addition to the above love a top class centre back to play along side Mings.  Konsa should be continued to be developed but just worry still, plus one bad injury and we have a huge hole.

Edited by nick76

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know since lockdown and especially the last four games we have been defensive great I would in addition to the above love a top class centre back to play along side Mings.  Konsa should be continued to be developed but just worry still, plus one bad injury and we have a huge hole.

I would agree about that. Id get rid of hause and get a qualith cb. But maybe mings might be automatically 1st choice. He has been fairly poor in patches but great in others

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

He's a bit of cringe fest isn't he?

Like that one mates dad when you were younger who still tried to be one of the boys.

Generally it's elder, grouchy, dudes who have an issue with that. I'm not saying you are mind 😁

I like him. Always talks a lot of sense. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's a bit of cringe fest isn't he?

Like that one mates dad when you were younger who still tried to be one of the boys.

Not at all.  He is serious and means business when he needs ti be but has passion when we succeed.  I like that

• Like 1

Purslow has an ego the size of the Holte End.

Just loves getting in the celebrations and the pictures, can’t say I blame him but not going to praise him for it either. As a rule though I don’t particularly like directors joining in team celebrations.

I don’t think post Play Off’s his media appearances and talk of challenging helped us or set realistic expectations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Well I’m hoping they go for the PL one over the Championship one 😉

Lets just hope the plan is to spend big money on a small number of quality players.

Rumour has it Purslow's assistant (Christian doesn't strike me as the type to carry around documents himself) had the two plans at the drinks last night and destroyed the PL one while carrying back a tray of flaming Sambucas. The whole thing went up in smoke and now we've only got the Championship one.🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Rumour has it Purslow's assistant (Christian doesn't strike me as the type to carry around documents himself) had the two plans at the drinks last night and destroyed the PL one while carrying back a tray of flaming Sambucas. The whole thing went up in smoke and now we've only got the Championship one.🤦‍♂️

I see, written with quill on parchment was it, no copies anywhere, and he got so ratted he cannot remember anything that was in it. ?

THIS CLUB IS SO BADLY RUN. EVERYBODY OUT!!!!!

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I see, written with quill on parchment was it, no copies anywhere, and he got so ratted he cannot remember anything that was in it. ?

THIS CLUB IS SO BADLY RUN. EVERYBODY OUT!!!!!

Yep, that's roughly the way it went down but in typical ruthless Purslow style, he has had the assitant executed*.

*The assistant has not been executed and was only required to buy another round of Sambucas for the lads and Purslow was quoted as saying "F**k it, it doesn't matter who was on the list because we've got shedloads of cash and we're going to be playing real life football manager this summer"

8 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

I would imagine it'll have been the same as last season with two transfer plans running in parallel depending on whether we stay up or go down - hopefully Suso will be putting Plan A into action this morning: three elite level attackers.

Hopefully Suso will be clearing his desk this morning. 

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Off topic, but he couldn't look more preppy and elitist than with the sweater he always has draped around the shoulders. 

This is Aston Villa. We are Elitist!

It comes from being the greatest football team in the world.

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Agree with all that except I’d change rb for a new lb, I think we’re okay with Elmo and Guilbert but would like to see us improve on Taylor 

40 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Agree with all that except I’d change rb for a new lb, I think we’re okay with Elmo and Guilbert but would like to see us improve on Taylor 

Cant agree. Elmo is getting on. Guilbert is good swuad backup option. 

I agree taylor needs to go though

Seems to have been unusually quiet since we survived, no quotes from him about what an achievement that was, and no quotes from him regarding the appointment of Lange, like there was when we appointed Pitarch, Smith and Terry.

Â