Christian Purslow

villan-scott

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Seems to have been unusually quiet since we survived, no quotes from him about what an achievement that was, and no quotes from him regarding the appointment of Lange, like there was when we appointed Pitarch, Smith and Terry.

I am sure he will pop up soon. Especially in regards in what the plans for selling tickets (at all?) next season.

9 hours ago, useless said:

Seems to have been unusually quiet since we survived, no quotes from him about what an achievement that was, and no quotes from him regarding the appointment of Lange, like there was when we appointed Pitarch, Smith and Terry.

He's probably busy negotiating our lucrative pre season with Kidderminster and Walsall. Those dollars don't earn themselves you know. 

• 4 weeks later...

Forgive me if im mistaken.

When this guy first joined wasnt there observations that the liverpool fans thought he was crap because he couldnt get deals over the line. 

Ie wasnt he trying to sign Barry for Liverpool.  Which as we know was unsucessful. 

25 minutes ago, soezetoc said:

When this guy first joined wasnt there observations that the liverpool fans thought he was crap because he couldnt get deals over the line. 

Ie wasnt he trying to sign Barry for Liverpool.  Which as we know was unsucessful. 

Whats your point?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, soezetoc said:

I think Barry had already left for City or was just finalising that deal when Purslow came in at Liverpool, so nothing in that. You are forgiven. 

55 minutes ago, soezetoc said:

He seemed to manage alright last season... 

...although I do wonder what it was that @TrentVilla alluded to a little while ago, which was more of a negative trait that Purslow has. Are you able to drop a clue yet Trent? 

Edited by Tayls

12 hours ago, soezetoc said:

Im sure Barry has said that after Liverpool had wooed him and he went to speak to him, Benetez told him he would be playing left back.  Barry wanted to continue playing midfield which Man City offered (plus loads of cash).

He was nothing to do with whoever was talking about the contracts

4 hours ago, NIVillan said:

Im sure Barry has said that after Liverpool had wooed him and he went to speak to him, Benetez told him he would be playing left back.  Barry wanted to continue playing midfield which Man City offered (plus loads of cash).

He was nothing to do with whoever was talking about the contracts

Think it was the year before he actually left for city when he was heavily linked with Liverpool and then did an interview with some tabloid when he said O’Neill wouldn’t tell him who the club would be signing or give him any assurances over the club’s ambition. Liverpool wouldn’t pay what villa wanted so he ended up staying with us for one more season, albeit stripped of the captaincy.

Edited by El-Reacho
Alonso was there years before - my bad.

• 2 weeks later...

There we have it we cant compete even with our money yet due to FFP. I saw this on Twitter. 

Purslow: It takes 4yrs to be able to pay average Prem salaries & comply with FFP. I have to comply with 1 year of Prem but 2 years of championship rules. The total wage bill we can pay is much, much lower than clubs in the prem for 3 years

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There we have it we cant compete even with our money yet due to FFP. I saw this on Twitter. 

Purslow: It takes 4yrs to be able to pay average Prem salaries & comply with FFP. I have to comply with 1 year of Prem but 2 years of championship rules. The total wage bill we can pay is much, much lower than clubs in the prem for 3 years

Thanks for sharing. Well I am glad he knows what he is doing and he clearly does. But I am so utterly sick of FFP.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Thanks for sharing. Well I am glad he knows what he is doing and he clearly does. But I am so utterly sick of FFP.

No worries. If we cant get the big players this woukd explain it.

Ita going to be abit of a problem short term it seems

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

It skews the market by design. A small number of clubs, the media and FA then pretend this is simply the natural order of things, not an artificially regulated footballing oligopoly. 

I’m no lawyer, but suspect there’s a legal case for reform. 

It seems to be designed to help the bigger clubs and screw the smallee ckubs who want to have a go at over throwing them.

The whole system is a mess

• Like 1

“Fair Play” ? Watching Chelsea revamp their squad with multiple £50m+ signings, hoovering up all the best talent in europe whilst Aston Villa, historically a much bigger club, must shop in the championship as they are not allowed to pay big wages to attract a better calibre of player, if they dare try it, they will be deducted points and fined. Yeah, sounds fair to me.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

“Fair Play” ? Watching Chelsea revamp their squad with multiple £50m+ signings, hoovering up all the best talent in europe whilst Aston Villa, historically a much bigger club, must shop in the championship as they are not allowed to pay big wages to attract a better calibre of player, if they dare try it, they will be deducted points and fined. Yeah, sounds fair to me.

Its a joke. But chelsea will argue they spent nothing last 12-18 months as they had transfer ban.

Â