Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Probably cost the club 100m by failing to act at Christmas when it was clear as day Dean was out of his depth and we were sleep walking to relegation.

Even a semi competent manager could have kept us up with the shower of shit in the PL this year.

You can hand in your resignation, sell your shares or whatever you need to do so we dont have to listen to your utter waffle.

The ridiculous contract the statement that we were going to stick with Dean no matter what. He painted himself into a corner and through ego and pride I can only assume he has allowed us to drop out this league without even playing a glove on the other teams around us.

Go. Dereliction of duties. Go.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I wasn't particularly a fan of giving Smith a new contract but iirc it was to "bump his pay to a close PLish level". 

Also has played a role (i presume) in pinching west brom's academy staff, which probably will provide benefits in the future. 

45 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I wasn't particularly a fan of giving Smith a new contract but iirc it was to "bump his pay to a close PLish level". 

Also has played a role (i presume) in pinching west brom's academy staff, which probably will provide benefits in the future. 

Yeah, that was silly, it felt more like a gratitude contract than a one aimed at the future. It would have been more sensible to wait. And had we waited just a couple of months, we would have seen that it wasn't worth giving him a new deal. And I'm not even necessarily in the Smith out camp, still on the fence about him

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Anyone noticed how the drinks break's have every time changed the game against us??

I think the drinks break is a ridiculous idea. If it was 30 or 40 degrees then its understandable but games are low tempo in cool temperatures

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Even if we lose Jack and even Tyrone, this squad romps the Championship imo so they probably succeeded in that respect. 

Only if Leeds/Baggies/Brentford get promoted. Otherwise our only chance is playoffs.

• Confused 1

On 11/07/2020 at 23:01, Zatman said:

I think the drinks break is a ridiculous idea. If it was 30 or 40 degrees then its understandable but games are low tempo in cool temperatures

Is it going to be a permanent thing? With the extra subs

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/19/michael-emenalo-the-narrative-that-white-is-good-has-to-change

The former Nigeria international helped steer Chelsea to great success but despite his pioneering efforts there remains a glaring absence of black directors of football in the Premier League

Michael Emenalo - a big part of the successful players that have come through at Chelsea. Ready to get back into football. Seems like a no brainer to replace Suso if he's willing to potentially work in the championship for a while.

• Like 3

Don't think we can get rid of Purslow, coaching staff and Suso, the get a replacement for Purslow, a new DOF, new coaching team and get the transfers (both in and out) and be ready for the new season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Don't think we can get rid of Purslow, coaching staff and Suso, the get a replacement for Purslow, a new DOF, new coaching team and get the transfers (both in and out) and be ready for the new season.

Why would we want to get rid of purslow? Create more uncertainty and chaos.

Purslow as appointed  one manager and one sporting director. Ok it hasnt worked but i think be harsh to sack him right now. Only if he makes a number of blunder appointments should he then be sacked.

You could argue smith wasnt a bad appointment as he got us promoted. His biggest mistake was offering him a new contract when we wasnt even playing well.

• Like 2

On 11/07/2020 at 22:59, WooJung said:

Yeah, that was silly, it felt more like a gratitude contract than a one aimed at the future. It would have been more sensible to wait. And had we waited just a couple of months, we would have seen that it wasn't worth giving him a new deal. And I'm not even necessarily in the Smith out camp, still on the fence about him

I think he probably deserved an improved contract. He’s also entitled to try to look after his family financially. We don’t know the terms of his contract and there are probably all sorts of clauses, but the length of the contract does seem a little over the top. As I say we don’t know the details though. 

We simply don't know enough to make an informed decision.

We only hear the headlines, too much behind the scenes detail to be sure of anything.

It is never wise to clear everyone out at the same time......but there are more questions than answers.

I hope the club arrive at the right decisions......so much rides upon it.

I have said before......we need a Steve Stride character, he was the glue, that held it all together......Steve was a good judge of character and a trusted soul....we need someone like him.

On 10/07/2020 at 23:08, Keyblade said:

Even if we lose Jack and even Tyrone, this squad romps the Championship imo so they probably succeeded in that respect. 

I don't see that at all.......I don't see the Character and personality, stamped on this team.

I do not see it, like I did in other promotion teams of the past.

I do not see a winning mentality in this squad.

Edited by TRO

54 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't see that at all.......I don't see the Character and personality, stamped on this team.

I do not see it, like I did in other promotion teams of the past.

I do not see a winning mentality in this squad.

I mean, it's something you can breed by winning games in the Championship which we likely will do if we have that good a squad. It's not like Smith hadn't turned Bruce's "nearly men" squad who'd only just lost a playoff final into a promotion winning one, who broke our century-old club record of most consecutive wins just last year.

9 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think he probably deserved an improved contract. He’s also entitled to try to look after his family financially. We don’t know the terms of his contract and there are probably all sorts of clauses, but the length of the contract does seem a little over the top. As I say we don’t know the details though. 

It might have been well worth to wait just another couple of months, I'm confident his family's economic situation was more than sustainable. If we ended up going down he will have failed at his job (I grant all the caveat of Suso's dreadful recruitment, but it's fair to say we have thrown away points which could have seen us out of the bottom three to begin with, a share of the blame has to go to him) and we might end up straight back in the championship with a manager on a long(er) contract and possibly on premier league wages. 

Â