Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

15 minutes ago, thunderball said:

we’ll be back here in 12months minus Grealish, Chester, McGinn, Kalinic and a few others maybe too.

Bloody hell calm down mate, the bloke hasn't even made his debut yet and you're selling him off 🤣

7 hours ago, sne said:

Chelsea are continuing with their rebuild and are looking at signing a top class striker, Icardi latest to be linked

I think they are willing to listen to offers for a lot of fringe players 

They'll need to get money in from somewhere. 

I expect they will just steal it from Russian peasants like they normally do? 

• Like 1

I actually think Chelsea could ultimately get more than the £18M being touted for Tammy and aren’t in a desperate enough position to have to sell him in Jan. 

Much more sensible to preserve their optionality, see if he can do the biz in the PL and for England and then get a higher fee for him in a season or two. 

As much as £18M sounds - we’d absolutely love that amount now - they’ll not be worrying about missing out on it.

Hes scoring goals, enjoying his football and clearly developing as a player. As such, better to leave him with us. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I actually think Chelsea could ultimately get more than the £18M being touted for Tammy and aren’t in a desperate enough position to have to sell him in Jan. 

Much more sensible to preserve their optionality, see if he can do the biz in the PL and for England and then get a higher fee for him in a season or two. 

As much as £18M sounds - we’d absolutely love that amount now - they’ll not be worrying about missing out on it.

Hes scoring goals, enjoying his football and clearly developing as a player. As such, better to leave him with us. 

Absolutely agree. It's a win-win-win-lose situation. By that I mean that Tammy, Villa, Chelsea all benefit from him continuing on at Villa, Wolves are the ones who would lose out.

Though I don't see this one going through, we have to remember that professional football is also big business.

The team at Chelsea will be looking at this from two angles. Do we believe he has a future with us at Chelsea as a playing or financial asset and can we get more than what he is worth for him in selling to another club?

If Chelsea believe he has punched above his weight, which may surprise some people but it happens all the time, then Wolves have a chance if the offer is right.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

Danny **** Ings went for £20M (Who played next to no football for 3 years). Chelsea would be mugs of the highest order to sell him for any less than £30/35M 

Even that would be cheap for his age, potential and the fact he's English. I'm not worried about Wolves buying him this Jan in the slightest.

Edited by penguin

11 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

9 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Absolutely agree. It's a win-win-win-lose situation. By that I mean that Tammy, Villa, Chelsea all benefit from him continuing on at Villa, Wolves are the ones who would lose out.

Though I don't see this one going through, we have to remember that professional football is also big business.

The team at Chelsea will be looking at this from two angles. Do we believe he has a future with us at Chelsea as a playing or financial asset and can we get more than what he is worth for him in selling to another club?

If Chelsea believe he has punched above his weight, which may surprise some people but it happens all the time, then Wolves have a chance if the offer is right.

Agree with you both.

I think Chelsea will sit tight on this and not be rushed into any descision right now.

He is developing nicely with us and they know if he sustains this here then they could command more for him come May if they decide to sell. We could come along and agree something like £25m with them if/once promoted, if not, they could still command this fee and more come the end of the season to any other interested parties.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Can anyone explain how Tammy’s ‘3 club’s in one season’ situation is any different to Ben Arfa not being able to play for Nice after playing for Hull and an U21 match for Newcastle?

Tammy has played in an U23 game for Chelsea this season which counts as an official match (for example a red card would ban a player from a first team match, unlike the Charity Shield), so unless someone can point to a relevant rule change since 2015, how is Tammy playing for a third club this season even possible?

43 minutes ago, brommy said:

Can anyone explain how Tammy’s ‘3 club’s in one season’ situation is any different to Ben Arfa not being able to play for Nice after playing for Hull and an U21 match for Newcastle?

Tammy has played in an U23 game for Chelsea this season which counts as an official match (for example a red card would ban a player from a first team match, unlike the Charity Shield), so unless someone can point to a relevant rule change since 2015, how is Tammy playing for a third club this season even possible?

I see this as a situation where in the past we would have had our pants pulled down. Hopefully now we’re on the ball and have all bases covered, including a very expensive lawyer just a phone call away. 

yeah this looks like game over, he didn't want to move to the Championship on loan in the first place, he wanted to fight for his place or even go on loan in the Prem.

at the end of the day as much as we hate Wolves the are in the Prem, unlikely to get relegated and i can't see how he loses from going there, they might buy him at the end of the season, or at worst he is in the shop window and gets a move somewhere else.

it would only backfire if they didn't play him and i doubt his ego would let him believe that was likely.

Â