Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I said it before but these "FIFA regulations" have been sidestepped before. I think they're just there to stop teams doing dodgy deals.

I can't remember who it was, someone like Robbie Keane or Jermaine Defoe and they just made some sort of appeal and it was granted. I'll try and dig out a link

Javier Mascherano I think it was when he signed for Liverpool though Ben Arfa was banned recently when trying play for Nice

Suppose it depends what club it is 

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Another one to be congratulated on having scored more goals for Villa than Stan Collymore.

Please post this every time a player beats this low target; it's the easiest 'like' anyone on the site could get tbf. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Well if Tammy goes, bookies are saying it's looking like we're second favs to sign Maupay 11/2. That the brentford striker will like a reunion with Smith. 

Huddersfield favs at 7/2 are apparently first spot to sign the frenchman.

The times I have seen this guy play I have been very impressed, in an ideal world (for me) we keep Tammy (at least till the end of the season) and sign Maupay.

If he leaves, then he leaves. 

We're 10th in the Championship with more than half of the season gone, a downturn in results and an injury crisis. It's fairly unlikely we'll finish in the top 6, and from there also really quite unlikely that we would win at Wembley. There are very low chances of us going up, and we'll be replacing this lad in June if we don't need to this month. 

There are nine teams managing to occupy spaces above us despite not having Abraham (EDIT: including a team we played yesterday with basically no recognised striker who spent 90 minutes rolling around on the floor.)

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We're 10th in the Championship with more than half of the season gone, a downturn in results and an injury crisis. It's fairly unlikely we'll finish in the top 6, and from there also really quite unlikely that we would win at Wembley. There are very low chances of us going up, and we'll be replacing this lad in June if we don't need to this month. 

There are nine teams managing to occupy spaces above us despite not having Abraham (EDIT: including a team we played yesterday with basically no recognised striker who spent 90 minutes rolling around on the floor.)

when they took time out to score 2 defendable goals.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

If he stays, I reckon he could be the first player to score 30 goals in a season for us since 1965.

shall we offer him more money to try and stop a few too.😂

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why so glum, chum? 

I think we've got a great chance of top 6 and going up. 

• Like 2

Lose Abraham and we are finished. Grealish will be off at the end of season when we are still in the championship. Tammy is the only one keeping us going at the moment. Lose his goals, then even with Grealish back we just won’t be good enough. Massive snowball effect if Tammy goes, and I can see us down here for a few more years. Very glum, but it’s how I see it. 

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Why so glum, chum? 

I think we've got a great chance of top 6 and going up. 

Probably for another thread, but I don't agree.

We concede vast amounts of goals (more than anyone above 15th, and more than two teams below that) and have lost an absurd amount of points from winning positions. I don't have statistics to hand on how many teams from 10th or lower at this stage of the season ended in the playoffs, but I doubt it's many, and even when you get there, you have only a 25% chance of success (I realise this number doesn't take team strength into account, but at the end of the day 3 of the 4 teams in the playoffs don't win them). 

I would give us a 4 or 5% chance. 

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Lose Abraham and we are finished. Grealish will be off at the end of season when we are still in the championship. Tammy is the only one keeping us going at the moment. Lose his goals, then even with Grealish back we just won’t be good enough. Massive snowball effect if Tammy goes, and I can see us down here for a few more years. Very glum, but it’s how I see it. 

Disagree ...... If Tammy goes then Kodjia can go back to where he wants to be as the "main man" causing havoc in and around the box. Kodjia can't play with Abraham so we are getting a 50% Kodjia at the moment.

Rather keep Abraham but his departure simply opens the door for Kodjia to get back to where he was two seasons back.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Probably for another thread, but I don't agree.

We concede vast amounts of goals (more than anyone above 15th, and more than two teams below that) and have lost an absurd amount of points from winning positions. I don't have statistics to hand on how many teams from 10th or lower at this stage of the season ended in the playoffs, but I doubt it's many, and even when you get there, you have only a 25% chance of success (I realise this number doesn't take team strength into account, but at the end of the day 3 of the 4 teams in the playoffs don't win them). 

I would give us a 4 or 5% chance. 

Well this time last year Fulham were 12th & 7 points behind 6th placed leeds, 8 points behind us & 13 points behind 2nd placed derby.

They finished 28 points in front of Leeds, 7 in front of us & 13 above Derby and should have gone up automatically on the final day

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Well this time last year Fulham were 12th & 7 points behind 6th placed leeds, 8 points behind us & 13 points behind 2nd placed derby.

They finished 28 points in front of Leeds, 7 in front of us & 13 above Derby and should have gone up automatically on the final day

True. That isn't actually normal though, is it?

Anyway, we should take this to the Promotion thread. 

37 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Why does it feel Terry has had a say in this or at least he's been listened too. Wonder if he was sent with a clear message that if Tammy fires us to promotion then we will offer more, of course I'm just speculating and hoping lol..

If JT was the man or deciding factor behind Chelsea saying No to selling Tammy to other clubs, if Tammy staying at villa and not leaving for wolves or any other club,  if that's all Terry did this season for us in my eyes John would be a champion alone, especially if Tammy fires us into the premier.

Edited by Dave-R

Â