Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

34 minutes ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

I'd break the bank for him. Fulham spent 100m+ and Wolves' owners loaded but they're both no NWSE. I'd be looking at bidding 25m+ should he want to stay with us. Isn't the new loan rules (Where these big clubs can only have a certain amount of players out on loan) coming in next season ? If so I think we have a very decent chance in the summer. 

This, I agree with this.

42 minutes ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

I'd break the bank for him. Fulham spent 100m+ and Wolves' owners loaded but they're both no NWSE. I'd be looking at bidding 25m+ should he want to stay with us. Isn't the new loan rules (Where these big clubs can only have a certain amount of players out on loan) coming in next season ? If so I think we have a very decent chance in the summer. 

I’d say both respective owners are on the same level as NWSE.  Plus as we all know it hardly matters with FFP. 

• Like 2

John Percy reporting he’s edging closer to going to the dog heads early next week. 

Personally I think it’s a bit too much too soon for him. He’s tried the prem and didn’t fare too well.

hes dropped down a league and scoring for fun in a fairly settled side where he’s the attacking focal point.

no doubt he could be good enough to play top level but I don’t think just yet.

what harm will 6 months extra here do him (apart from financial gain)? 

The proposed move to a new club where he won’t be the no.1 striker will affect his chances of playing regularly. 

Stick it out here, get us promoted and achieve something before running at the first sign of money. 

Edited by theboyangel

On 03/01/2019 at 08:26, Stevo985 said:

The person I heard the news from hasn't been mentioned and is connected at Wolves. So whilst it looks like it may not be happening, I don't think this was all just totally made up. There's something in it.

I think this is the only real bit of ITK I've ever had :D

I wish I was wrong though :( 

22 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

John Percy reporting he’s edging closer to going to the dog heads early next week. 

Personally I think it’s a bit too much too soon for him. He’s tried the prem and didn’t fare too well.

hes dropped down a league and scoring for fun in a fairly settled side where he’s the attacking focal point.

no doubt he could be good enough to play top level but I don’t think just yet.

what harm will 6 months extra here do him (apart from financial gain)? 

The proposed move to a new club where he won’t be the no.1 striker will affect his chances of playing regularly. 

Stick it out here, get us promoted and achieve something before running at the first sign of money. 

There won't be any different level of financial gain for him as he is contracted to Chelsea.

So wages will remain the same, it's just down to footballing reasoning.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There won't be any different level of financial gain for him as he is contracted to Chelsea.

So wages will remain the same, it's just down to footballing reasoning.

Not quite true , article in guardian today about the loan market and how some loan players have extra salary paid by the loan club so it could be the case Wolves have offered him a top up in salary as well as chance to play in PL 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It actually makes sense for Wolves to loan him with an option to buy. Like a trial run almost. 

it's ok, when he doesnt perform this season for Wolves, we might be able sign or re-loan him next season for a promotion push :P

either way, it is what it is, we need to soldier on regardless of whether he is here or not.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Thanks for the goals.

Hopefully his performances will be a kick up the backside to other strikers at the club but I doubt it 

to be fair, no other strikers at the club have had a chance under DS in the lone striker role.

Obviously that's because Tammy has scored a fair few goals and has kept his place, but its also fair to say no other striker in the team has had a chance to play in the striker role for anything more than a cameo under DS.

We dont actually know if they will grasp the chance if given (Hogan/Kodjia etc).

I think Kodj would struggle in the system tbh in the striker role, not sure about Hogan, we can only wait and see suppose.

Just now, MaVilla said:

to be fair, no other strikers at the club have had a chance under DS in the lone striker role.

Obviously that's because Tammy has scored a fair few goals and has kept his place, but its also fair to say no other striker in the team has had a chance to play in the striker role for anything more than a cameo under DS.

We dont actually know if they will grasp the chance if given (Hogan/Kodjia etc).

I think Kodj would struggle in the system tbh in the striker role, not sure about Hogan, we can only wait and see suppose.

Why would kodjia struggle. He scored for fun for bristol and then for us. Since getting fully fit he hasn't played central. 

Kodjia will score goals in this team

• Like 2

Strange move by Chelsea. If he is as shit at Wolves as he was at Swansea (which I suspect he will be) then it won't do his value any good. Better off banging 30 goals in the championship than 1 in the premier league.

If he flops again then it will look like he isn't cut out for top flight football.

• Like 3

Â