Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

So is this playing for 3 clubs in one season thing no longer a problem? I’ve not been on much all day, but something seems to have happened and people now think Abraham is leaving?

Apparently because the charity shield is classed as a friendly it doesn't count as a appearance, so technically he hasn't played for Chelsea this season. 

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

So is this playing for 3 clubs in one season thing no longer a problem? I’ve not been on much all day, but something seems to have happened and people now think Abraham is leaving?

If someone wants him and he wants to go ..provided a fee is agreed . He will go.

I doubt he would turn down the PL tbh.

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Apparently because the charity shield is classed as a friendly it doesn't count as a appearance, so technically he hasn't played for Chelsea this season. 

He played in an u23 game for them which is classed as an official game. 

You know what, I've enjoyed his goals but seriously, I enjoyed watching Johnny Kodjia scoring more. That probably seems stupid and churlish but I mean that. The only goal of Tammy's that's really stood out for me is that goal where he robbed the player down the left wing and ran through and shot past the keeper. Other than that I just remember tap-ins or headers.

However, Kodjia's goals just seems like class each time. Question is, can he do that again? I think he could if he's the main man again. He just needs to do away with the selfishness and sulking. If he does that we won't miss Tammy. And, Deano did say he's rather play our own that loanees - now's his chance to prove that, maybe? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Are the press aware of this? If true it's not possible for anyone to sign him and play him this season. It's pretty fundamental. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Are the press aware of this? If true it's not possible for anyone to sign him and play him this season. It's pretty fundamental. 

Yeah it’s been mentioned. There’s been talk of some deal with Ben Arfa which was scuppered because of this rule.

However, pretty sure I’ve also seen some instance mentioned where a player could play for three clubs.

Basically, it wouldn’t surprise me if they managed to fudge, sorry, interpret the rules differently and find a way for him to play.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, privateer said:

Yes, it was all part of the long term plan. Problem?

The foresight of Steve Bruce is something to behold! 

PS: it starts tomorrow when Hogan bags a double against the Swans! 

Edited by villarocker
  • Haha 1

Staying with us for the remainder of the season seems like the best option for both Tammy and Chelsea.  Going on loan to a struggling Premier League team isn't a great idea.  We're creating chances for him left and right to put away, a struggling Premier League team won't give him that luxury.  He's the current Championship top scorer, and has played less games than all the other people around him on the top scoring charts.  If he keeps this form going through the rest of the season, Chelsea will be able to get more for him in the summer, Tammy will have more interested clubs in him to choose from, and we might possibly have a chance at signing him, if we go up.  The only reasoning for Chelsea selling him this month is if they think his stock is at an all time high and will be able to get more for him now than in the summer. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand it's undeniable that he's scored a shed load, on the other I'm fairly sure a lot of that is down to our general attacking play. Would Kodjia have scored around the same amount given the service and chances Abraham has had? 

I actually think Abraham's touch is pretty poor, his hold up play isn't great and he actually needs quite a few chances to score. There was a match I can't remember who against this season where he missed three or four absolute sitters. But he's a beast in the air and can reach plenty of crosses due to those gangly legs of his. He's certainly a brilliant Championship player but don't think he'll do much at Wolves this season.

I think a fully fit Kodjia would, and has proven at Villa, match the kind of scoring Abraham has provided considering the crosses that come in from the wings and the balls through from our much more creative midfield. He holds it up better, I think he finishes better but isn't quite as good in the air. The other obvious issue can be his work ethic.

I'm really stuck but I'm not too fussed, I think we may be pleasantly surprised by how little it effects us. On saying that, I think we're going to struggle to make playoffs anyway.

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

In that case I stand corrected :thumb:

58 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand it's undeniable that he's scored a shed load, on the other I'm fairly sure a lot of that is down to our general attacking play. Would Kodjia have scored around the same amount given the service and chances Abraham has had? 

I actually think Abraham's touch is pretty poor, his hold up play isn't great and he actually needs quite a few chances to score. There was a match I can't remember who against this season where he missed three or four absolute sitters. But he's a beast in the air and can reach plenty of crosses due to those gangly legs of his. He's certainly a brilliant Championship player but don't think he'll do much at Wolves this season.

I think a fully fit Kodjia would, and has proven at Villa, match the kind of scoring Abraham has provided considering the crosses that come in from the wings and the balls through from our much more creative midfield. He holds it up better, I think he finishes better but isn't quite as good in the air. The other obvious issue can be his work ethic.

I'm really stuck but I'm not too fussed, I think we may be pleasantly surprised by how little it effects us. On saying that, I think we're going to struggle to make playoffs anyway.

Main difference for me between Abraham and Kodjia is desire. Tammy has it in abundance whereas Kodge often looks disinterested. Ability wise I don't think there is much between them but Tammy has really led the line well this season and it's difficult to say if Kodge would have had the same impact in terms of goal input.

There is however still room for huge improvement to Tammy's overall game (his hold-up play and being more clinical in front of goal being two areas) and I hope that he decides that staying at Villa is the best solution for him at this stage of his development. 

The game where he missed a few sitters was away at Albion but he's missed chances in other games too, what i do like about him though is that even when he misses he doesn't go hiding, he will come back for more, which is what you need from your goalscorers. The worry is when they are not even getting (into positions for) chances. 

3 hours ago, johnny from donny said:

I wonder what Chelsea will value Tammy at when Solanke has gone to Bournemouth for 19 million pounds. Since his first team debut in the 2014-15 season he's scored a total of 8 goals of which 1 was in English football.

Abraham has scored 5 PL goals in 33 appearances. I honestly believe this guy isn’t PL quality and not worth the prices being quoted. Remember Hogan scored like 15 at this point once...

• Like 1

Â