Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Just a thought but there are only 17 games left in the Prem season and he can't play in one of them. They also have Jiminez up front who hasn't done too bad!

How many games would he actually get? Is it worth his while?

Edited by pintpotvilla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Just a thought but there are only 17 games left in the Prem season and he can't play in one of them. They also have Jiminez up front who hasn't done too bad!

How many games would he actually get? Is it worth his while?

It's all about proving himself on the Premier League stage. He could do that at Wolves, score goals whilst on loan there and earn himself a place at Chelsea or a Premier League move next season.

However, I would have to argue that he is proving himself at a big club, even though we are in the Championship, this season. He's scoring goals, could potentially break the clubs recent scoring record and be promoted with the team. This would also help him either earn his place at Chelsea or a Premier League move, either with Villa going up or a team coming in over the summer.

It would be a massive gamble to leave a club in January where he is currently scoring goals consistently, even with our best player out injured currently.

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

We're never going to have a striker score 20 league goals for us again are we? Tammy would've smashed it but now he's likely gone by the end of January. 

he'll be gone next week - we've seen the last of him in a villa shirt

37 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Bloody hell, if he can have his head turned by Wolves I think a bit less of him.

Err, substitute 'Wolves' for 'Massive f****n pay rise' and you become far less emotionally invested in the outcome. That's what Tammy and every other footballer does.

If he decides he wants out so be it. He has done very well for us but I think given the amount of chances we create if Kodjia had of played through the middle all season he'd have gotten a similar return to Tammy. 

If he goes it will either mean Kodjia getting a chance through the middle or we may bring in someone like Maupay who himself has 15 goals. I don't see us scoring goals becoming a problem though.

• Like 2

Just now, markavfc40 said:

If he decides he wants out so be it. He has done very well for us but I think given the amount of chances we create if Kodjia had of played through the middle all season he'd have gotten a similar return to Tammy. 

If he goes it will either mean Kodjia getting a chance through the middle or we may bring in someone like Maupay who himself has 15 goals. I don't see us scoring goals becoming a problem though.

Agreed, Maupay is a suitable replacement and has begged Smith to take him, so this hasn't just arisen, it's been on the cards and we have the matter in hand.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

If he decides he wants out so be it. He has done very well for us but I think given the amount of chances we create if Kodjia had of played through the middle all season he'd have gotten a similar return to Tammy

i really, really disagree...he doesnt have anywhere near the vision and desire tammy has

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i really, really disagree...he doesnt have anywhere near the vision and desire tammy has

Kodjia got 19 league goals for us in 36 games two seasons ago in a side that was hardly known for being creative. I think through the middle he is capable of scoring plenty in a Smith team. I am pretty sure if Tammy goes though then we will bring someone else in.

I am not denying he will be a loss to us but with the amount of chances we create I think any decent striker will thrive and I am not worried that scoring goals will suddenly become an issue.

• Like 1

Given Brentford got you to pay £12mil for Hogan few years back and Maupay has more goals and assists surely they'd want £15mil plus for him?

Maybe Hogan would take Abrahms role if he goes? 

Edited by Cjay

5 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Given Brentford got you to pay £12mil for Hogan few years back and Maupay has more goals and assists surely they'd want £15mil plus for him?

Maybe Hogan would take Abrahms role if he goes? 

tammy is much better in the air than hogan unfortunately and he's had a fair few headed goals this season

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well, with Solanke going to Bournemouth for £19m where do people think Abraham's valuation should be?

For me, I think Chelsea could ask for, and get, in excess of £30m for him.

Didn't they reject a 30m bid from spurs in the summer? I could be making this up though 

EDIT - Apparently it was 25m they rejected from spurs

Edited by Lord Willard

1 hour ago, Razor said:

The people saying he's worth 30 mil plus obviously didn't watch much of Swansea last season 

What do you think he’s worth?

21 year old English lad. Almost scored a goal a game this year and 1 in 2 for Bristol. Yes Swansea return was poor but they were absolutely **** dire.

When you’ve got Chelsea turning down £30M bids for Hudson-Odoi who’s played about 3 games Abraham is easily worth that much.

Â