Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Looks like we are close to signing him on loan. Would be absolutely delighted with this signing. 

Chelsea's Tammy Abraham close to Aston Villa loan move - sources

• Peter O'Rourke Transfer correspondent

Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham is closing in on a loan move to Aston Villa, sources have told ESPN FC.

Abraham will be allowed to leave on loan as he is currently down the pecking order in Maurizio Sarri's plans at Stamford Bridge.

He featured off the bench in the Community Shield defeat to Manchester City, but he has not been part of the matchday squads for the opening two Premier League games of the season against Huddersfield and Arsenal.

England under-21 international Abraham has spent the last two seasons out on loan at Bristol City and Swansea City after finding his first-team opportunities limited at Chelsea.

Abraham impressed during his loan stint at Bristol City, scoring 26 goals in all competitions for the Championship club, but he struggled last season in the Premier League with Swansea, netting just eight goals in 41 appearances in all competitions.

Chelsea feel Abraham would benefit by going out on loan again this season to get regular first-team action under his belt so that he can continue his development.

A number of clubs have expressed an interest in taking Abraham on loan, but Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce has been determined to land him as he looks to build a side capable of challenging for promotion to the Premier League.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3606911/chelseas-tammy-abraham-close-to-aston-villa-loan-move-sources

5 minutes ago, villanmike said:

Be very please with this one, and not to change the subject but we need a defender or 2?

Would be nice, but the fact is if Bruce played people in their correct positions, we probably have enough to be ok till Jan at least. Taylor at LB, De Laet at RB then either of Tuanzebe or Elphick alongside Chester and we wouldn't be that much weaker than most championship teams at the back. Hutton can cover just fine at LB and clearly we have plenty of cover at RB. Tuanzebe is highly rated as a centre back I believe....let's bloody play him there and see. Must be a better option than Jedinak?

If we could knab a first choice centre back to partner Chester that would be perfect, but if we don't then I am only worried about the conker's team selections, not the players!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Would be nice, but the fact is if Bruce played people in their correct positions, we probably have enough to be ok till Jan at least. Taylor at LB, De Laet at RB then either of Tuanzebe or Elphick alongside Chester and we wouldn't be that much weaker than most championship teams at the back. Hutton can cover just fine at LB and clearly we have plenty of cover at RB. Tuanzebe is highly rated as a centre back I believe....let's bloody play him there and see. Must be a better option than Jedinak?

If we could knab a first choice centre back to partner Chester that would be perfect, but if we don't then I am only worried about the conker's team selections, not the players!

But Taylor is shit, Tuanzebe is shit, Elphick is shit and RDL is average.

Based on performances in a Villa shirt, Jedinak is a much better option than Tuanzebe and Elphick at CB. 
I'll acknowledge that Axel MIGHT be better, long term. But he's yet to show that he's ready to be a first choice CB.

Also Hutton is a much better option at LB than Taylor.

A CB is definitely needed, however. Jedinak is a better option than Tuanzebe, but he's not good enough to be our first choice.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Based on performances in a Villa shirt, Jedinak is a much better option than Tuanzebe and Elphick at CB. 
I'll acknowledge that Axel MIGHT be better, long term. But he's yet to show that he's ready to be a first choice CB.

A CB is definitely needed, however. Jedinak is a better option than Tuanzebe, but he's not good enough to be our first choice.

Wow!

?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Jedinak is a better option than Tuanzebe, but he's not good enough to be our first choice.

This just isn't true, both have made mistakes this season in each game they've played...but at least Tuanzebe has the pace to recover.

Tammy adds some much needed pace to our front line, very happy! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Wow!

?

What is it you find so shocking?

People talk about Bruce playing players where he's playing them as if he just picks them out of a hat. People do realise why he's doing it don't they?

Hutton is picked at LB because he showed last season he's by far our best option there.
Jedinak is picked at CB because he's our best option there (excluding Chester). This is a problem, more on that later.
Tuanzebe is picked at RB because it's worth the sacrifice to get Hutton at LB and keep the dreadful Taylor out of the team.

Long term I expect that Elmo will slot back in at RB, given the wingers we're signing he'll no longer be needed there, and we'll have RDL and Axel (and hutton with a shuffle) as backup which is good enough for that position.
Tuanzebe, if he's as good as people say he is, will eventually take the CB spot, although we'll still be too light in that area.
Hutton will continue at LB, unless we sign Targett.

So there IS a problem, and I DO blame Bruce. But it's not that we are playing players out of position, it's that we haven't signed anyone to replace Terry and we haven't signed anyone to be an adequate backup (Tuanzebe's ability depending)

We're also light at left back, but with what happened with Bryan and the link to Targett then we're clearly trying to address that.

Bruce has his faults, like I always say, but people seem to think he's some window licking moron who has no idea what he's doing.

2 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

This just isn't true, both have made mistakes this season in each game they've played...but at least Tuanzebe has the pace to recover.

Jedinak has played plenty of games at CB for us and been absolutely fine. He has a mistake in him, no doubt, and I wouldn't want him there as our first choice.

Tuanzebe, although played out of position, has looked absolute toilet in a Villa shirt. His best performance has been against League 2 Yeovil where he looked ok.

People are basing their opinions on Tuanzebe on hope and potential. I hope they're right too, but I've seen nothing to suggest he's ready to be first choice CB for a team challenging for promotion.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Jedinak had looked a complete liability every time I've seen him at CB.

Honestly I just don't understand this. People only remember the bad games for this guy it seems. 

He played a bunch of games last season at CB when Terry was out and looked absolutely fine in all of them EXCEPT the one vs Sheffield United.

Similarly this season, he looked absolutely fine vs Ipswich. But everyone is just remembering the howler vs Wigan.

To be clear, he is NOT good enough to be our first choice CB. But he is currently a better option than Elphick, who has a howler every single time he steps on the pitch, and Tuanzebe who has largely looked like a competition winner. Long term I'm happy to see Tuanzebe given a chance and develop into that position, but he doesn't look ready yet.

We absolutely need another CB. But without one I agree with Bruce that Jedinak is currently the best option.

EDIT: Apologies, this is way off topic so I'll leave it. Happy to continue the conversation in a relevant topic.

Edited by Stevo985

18 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Great news if we do bring him in, I’m very much an admirer of his, he’s a goalscorer, my type of striker, I wait with baited breath

*bated*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe if bruce played him at cb it might help !!:D

Â