Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Abraham has scored 5 PL goals in 33 appearances. I honestly believe this guy isn’t PL quality and not worth the prices being quoted. Remember Hogan scored like 15 at this point once...

still 4 more goals than Solanke has though. So Chelsea might value him a lot more

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Abraham has scored 5 PL goals in 33 appearances. I honestly believe this guy isn’t PL quality and not worth the prices being quoted. Remember Hogan scored like 15 at this point once...

I like him for where we are now, but, like you, I don't think he is good enough for the PL.

I’ll be honest if I was a Wolves fans I wouldn’t want him. Would rather we went for someone more proven. They are a pretty ambitious club. 

Edit: saying that I wouldn’t be disappointed if we did sign him. (As a Wolves fan).

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Has the number of clubs in one season rule been increased to 4? Perhaps it’s now unlimited? Transfer by helicopter to play in another game at half time?

Still to see any reliable quote of the rule changing from 3 clubs OR that U23 games aren’t official games even though a red card gets a ban in first team games.  :detect:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brommy said:

Has the number of clubs in one season rule been increased to 4? Perhaps it’s now unlimited? Transfer by helicopter to play in another game at half time?

Still to see any reliable quote of the rule changing from 3 clubs OR that U23 games aren’t official games even though a red card gets a ban in first team games.  :detect:

You would think that this is a fairly easy thing to get verified one way or the other. Perhaps we have but are happy to let the press blather on about it while we get on with other business. In a world where it’s quite difficult to keep things on the QT, a good smoke screen could be quite handy. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Wolves fans giving it large that we will be their feeder club. If he does go be hilarious if he flops and they paid 20-30m. 

I am confident Chelsea won’t sell for 18m that’s for sure when you consider the market. Maddison went for over 20m and I think Tammy is a different level

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wolves fans giving it large that we will be their feeder club. If he does go be hilarious if he flops and they paid 20-30m. 

I am confident Chelsea won’t sell for 18m that’s for sure when you consider the market. Maddison went for over 20m and I think Tammy is a different level

I think they want to loan him. There'll be no pressure on them and Chelsea get more premier League experience for him. 

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wolves fans giving it large that we will be their feeder club. 

We've seen this so many times from local teams whilst we are going through a rough patch coinciding with a good period for them. 

The second we get back to The Premier League (which we will) we will be a bigger club than them.

• Like 1

I only know a handful of Wolves fans, but what they all have in common, apart from 3 fingers on one hand, is that they are all totally obsessed with Villa. They rarely mention Wolves, it’s all about us, only of course when we’ve had a bad result. I’m sorry, who are you? 

Oh and since we’re on the subject, why do they now play in yellow instead of orange?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I only know a handful of Wolves fans, but what they all have in common, apart from 3 fingers on one hand, is that they are all totally obsessed with Villa. They rarely mention Wolves, it’s all about us, only of course when we’ve had a bad result. I’m sorry, who are you? 

Oh and since we’re on the subject, why do they now play in yellow instead of orange?

Because they are all yellow.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, praisedmambo said:

I think they want to loan him. There'll be no pressure on them and Chelsea get more premier League experience for him. 

What's in it for Chelsea though? He goes to them on loan, is not guaranteed a starting place and might not score so regularly in a team he is new to and that have a different way of playing. His value and confidence might therefore decrease.

Or he stays with us, continues to score goals for fun and his confidence continues to soar along with his value. I know which is the safer bet.

1 hour ago, praisedmambo said:

The risk for Chelsea is that Tammy doesn’t settle, gets less games and ultimately his star wanes. So instead of having a player on fire in the Championship, they have a PL flop. For Chelsea Tammy is just an asset they probably intend to cash in on, rather than use as a player, so in financial terms there is a risk element in loaning him to Wolves. 

He's 21 and has plenty of time. He goes up with Villa, and we but him, he could be in the Premier League with a genuinely big club and unlimited potential. He's enjoying it here, clearly feels settled with Smith, Terry et al looking after him, mates like Grealish. Playing in front of 43000 that love him. If it doesn't happen, he goes back to Chelsea or gets a proper move in the summer.

Or he can move to a mid sized club in a shithole town nobody in their right minds deliberately goes to, on the crest of one of their once every 15 / 20 year mini waves. On loan, probably. Playing in front of a few misshapen trolls blathering unintelligible gobbledygook when he misses one of the many chances he spurns at the moment.

Tough choice.

The other thing for Chelsea that must be taken into account is that if he gets us up there is a fair chance we will want to keep him.

Surely a bidding war is in their interest!

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

We are a bigger club than them. We always will be. It's not even close.

The only reason their owners brought them was to use the club as a way of exploiting a loophole to make money off player transfers for their 'agency' (i.e their own back pockets) . WW is a glorified trading post. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The other thing for Chelsea that must be taken into account is that if he gets us up there is a fair chance we will want to keep him.

Surely a bidding war is in their interest!

I'd break the bank for him. Fulham spent 100m+ and Wolves' owners loaded but they're both no NWSE. I'd be looking at bidding 25m+ should he want to stay with us. Isn't the new loan rules (Where these big clubs can only have a certain amount of players out on loan) coming in next season ? If so I think we have a very decent chance in the summer. 

• Like 1

Â