Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

9 minutes ago, Farlz said:

“Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs.”

So he could be sold to Wolves this month, but he'd still only be able to play for us or Chelsea. Can't see why Tammy would do that though. Let's hope he stays here. If we get promoted would be great to sign him.

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Do you think Kodjia would have missed both of those then had he been on the end of them?

I don’t know, nobody does.

I don’t think he would have scored 16 goals by this stage if he had played in place of Abraham though.

• Like 4

I know the silver lining to this is that if it actually happens now it gives us time to attempt to replace him (which is a thankless task in itself), but outside of that the timing of this whole circus is especially unhelpful. Even if he stays we're now going to have a month of unnecessary speculation and distraction. Despite being routinely shit for so many seasons we rarely seem to have a transfer window where the media don't instill a sense of absolute chaos in us.

Piss off like.

• Like 1

Well if Tammy goes, bookies are saying it's looking like we're second favs to sign Maupay 11/2. That the brentford striker will like a reunion with Smith. 

Huddersfield favs at 7/2 are apparently first spot to sign the frenchman.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Read a stat that he has missed 9 big chances on goal this season, one of the highest in the division. Sounds about right. He certainly knows how to position himself.

Knows how to be opportunistic and be in the right place at the right time for a high percentage goal. Then add to this he has skill when on the ball.

Imagine that 25 goals to your name and 20 games left to play. Surely you'd be eyeing off 50 just for s***s and giggles.

I don't even want to discuss the prospect of him leaving, despite having the likes of Kodjia as backup.

Another reason why we need to be doing everything to get promoted this season. Grealish and Abraham, and to a lesser degree Tuanzebe might stay on if that were to happen.

Apologies if this has been asked but;

If villa where to match the bid, subject to promotion to the premier league. Would it not then be upto Tammy where he wants to play in the summer?

How long can a player leave it to agree a deal?

I think the fear for Tammy is this is probably a good chance if any to get into the England squad and keep a spot. After Kane and Rashford is not that many English strikers about and scoring goals. Maybe Wilson or Ings is only other options

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

I know the silver lining to this is that if it actually happens now it gives us time to attempt to replace him (which is a thankless task in itself), but outside of that the timing of this whole circus is especially unhelpful. Even if he stays we're now going to have a month of unnecessary speculation and distraction. Despite being routinely shit for so many seasons we rarely seem to have a transfer window where the media don't instill a sense of absolute chaos in us.

Piss off like.

I think its because we rely on one or two players to give us hope and rest are.....well make your own mind up.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think the fear for Tammy is this is probably a good chance if any to get into the England squad and keep a spot. After Kane and Rashford is not that many English strikers about and scoring goals. Maybe Wilson or Ings is only other options

I think he deserves a call up based on what he is doing for us. Just because a player is in the championship, doesn't mean they don't deserve a national team chance. Tammy is dominating in the last couple of months. 

43 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well if Tammy goes, bookies are saying it's looking like we're second favs to sign Maupay 11/2. That the brentford striker will like a reunion with Smith. 

Huddersfield favs at 7/2 are apparently first spot to sign the frenchman.

Maybe send Hogan back their way if they'd have him?

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I think he deserves a call up based on what he is doing for us. Just because a player is in the championship, doesn't mean they don't deserve a national team chance. Tammy is dominating in the last couple of months. 

Anyone remember David Nugent?  Was scoring for fun in the Championship and got a call up to the Engerland squad because of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Does that mean Billy Sharpe deserves a call up too? I don’t care how good you are if you’re playing in the second tier it can never be good enough for an international team of England’s status. In my opinion of course. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does that mean Billy Sharpe deserves a call up too? I don’t care how good you are if you’re playing in the second tier it can never be good enough for an international team of England’s status. In my opinion of course. 

No. Tammy is a young player who can improve even more. If Sharp was a young 20 year old striker dominating the championship like Tammy is, i'd say there is an argument for him to be called up too. 

I am not saying Tammy deserves a start, but if it is between Wilson or Tammy, wouldn't be smarter to give the younger player a chance?

• Like 1

Just now, Czechlad said:

No. Tammy is a young player who can improve even more. If Sharp was a young 20 year old striker dominating the championship like Tammy is, i'd say there is an argument for him to be called up too. 

I am not saying Tammy deserves a start, but if it is between Wilson or Tammy, wouldn't be smarter to give the younger player a chance?

I see where you’re coming from. I don’t think he has done enough just yet. 

I said it before but I'm sure these "FIFA regulations" have been sidestepped before. I think they're just there to stop teams doing dodgy deals.

I can't remember who it was, someone like Robbie Keane or Jermaine Defoe and they just made some sort of appeal and it was granted. I'll try and dig out a link

Edited by Stevo985

Â