Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

53 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Agreed, Maupay is a suitable replacement and has begged Smith to take him, so this hasn't just arisen, it's been on the cards and we have the matter in hand.

If Tammy really goes , do we have enough budget under FFP to sign him outright ,as don’t think Brentford will consider a loan deal  ? That’s the big worry imo

Just read the whole interview on sky sports, it’s not half as daunting as that twitter post made it seem. He could still go but I believe Smith will be doing his best to convince him that staying with us is for the best.

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd have thought if he waited til the summer he would have far more options than just Wolves.  

Agreed. He is a player with tremendous self belief and ambition. He knows that if he carries on smashing them in for us that he will have more offers than Wolves, and maybe even us, if he fires us to promotion. 

He will be a loss but certainly not irreplaceable. I've said on here a few times (so its not just sour grapes) that I'm not sure the kid would cut it in the PL. He has great awareness in and around the 6 yard box but his touch and build up play is awful at times. I genuinely believe that a Lewis Grabban or Dwight Gayle would have scored a similar amount of goals in this side and I don't consider either of those to be PL quality either. 

All that said, I'm not a fan of Kodjia or Hogan either so if Tammy does go another striker needs to come in. With that in mind, and if Tammy is seriously considering leaving you would hope that Smith is looking at replacements. 

Mitrovic went for 22million in summer and he doesnt have a English passport and Solanke 19 million today reportedly. Chelsea are no mugs and will want north of 30 million 

Wolves though are a bigger draw than Villa at moment. We are midtable Chanpionship club and they are about 20 places above us in the pyramid 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Never rated him anyway.

Scotty would be on 30 goals already in this system.

Not sure if this was aimed at my post above, apologies if not, but my opinion of Tammy has been consistent throughout this thread. 

If the player accepts himself that he is not Top 6 quality, then I can see why the Dingles would turn his head given they could likely be playing Europa Leaugue. That, and the fact that they’ve got CL quality midfielders that can service him, I can see why he might see them as a proposition. 

If the decision was just down to Chelsea, then no way he goes to the Dingles. 

Tammy is a premier league player, and he will 100% be playing in the prem next season, and he knows that himself. Whether it be with villa, or any other club that will be lining up for him. That’s why I don’t think he will leave us in the shit and walk out in January. He’s still very young, so a few more months playing in the championship won’t hurt him. I’m hoping he feels enough of a connection to the club, and that he knows how much him leaving in January will dent our promotion hopes. As I said, he will be playing premier league football next season anyway, so it’s not a panic decision for him where he feels he’s got to take the chance and move now. 

26 minutes ago, romavillan said:

If Bruce was still in charge Tammy going would end our season, with Smith it's a big blow, but Hogan and Smith have worked together before and it's the reason why we bought Hogan.

wait, we bought Hogan because he had worked with Smith?  

• Like 1

So is this playing for 3 clubs in one season thing no longer a problem? I’ve not been on much all day, but something seems to have happened and people now think Abraham is leaving?

Edited by DaveAV1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well, with Solanke going to Bournemouth for £19m where do people think Abraham's valuation should be?

For me, I think Chelsea could ask for, and get, in excess of £30m for him.

Agreed but he doesn't score in the Premier League so who knows what fee will be paid. Having said that, they apparently want £40m for Hudson-Odoi! 

Â