Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

14 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Transfer window closes before the season starts these days, not sure of the exact date but early August 

August 8th 17.00 bst

Love him for what he's done. We'd be nowhere near the playoffs without his goals. 

But I don't think I'd be comfortable dropping £20m+ on him, I feel he just lacks a bit of something to be successful at a lower/mid PL side. He may bang them in at Chelsea, but Chelsea are a bit of a different beast to us. 

• Like 3

Weird feeling, I'm thankful but Im annoyed he doesn't want to come here. Like, cheers and all the best but **** you st the same time. Thanks for the last few years and cheers in your efforts in getting us up but now you dont want to be here so erm, yeah. Bye.

Don't begrudge anyone wanting to try at the top end of the table with a top club, I get the feeling he feels it's now or never and would always regret it if he didn't at least have a shot at it and I don't blame him but I'm not going to get behind anyone who doesn't want to be here. All the best but hope you go to shit when we play Chelsea. 

• Like 1

With Chelsea’s situation then you can’t blame him for wanting a crack at it. Chelsea are a top top club who may need Abraham . I hope it works out for him. Great professional and thank you for helping get up. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

But I don't think I'd be comfortable dropping £20m+ on him, I feel he just lacks a bit of something to be successful at a lower/mid PL side. He may bang them in at Chelsea, but Chelsea are a bit of a different beast to us. 

I assume you think he will bang them in at Chelsea because they have a better squad than most in the division,  which they obviously do.  Better squad means more chances which equates to more goals,  which again is logical. 

However Chelsea don't need someone to score against us lower clubs, they already have that ability. They need someone to score that one effort they get at an away trip to the scousers or city, he is not that striker.

What I'm getting at is that he would more likely succeed at a club in our position than theirs as we do need the goals against the also rans.

He may still only get a few chances but when they come they will be against weaker defences.

It's all about stepping up levels, and from the championship to top end premier is too much imo. 

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

With Chelsea’s situation then you can’t blame him for wanting a crack at it. Chelsea are a top top club who may need Abraham . I hope it works out for him. Great professional and thank you for helping get up. 

He would be mad not to try. Giroud cant play every game, Higuain i am not sure if he will stay but has hardly been brilliant and thats it unless recall Morata who has been awful in Premier League

Yeah I think he's got as good an opportunity as he'll ever get at Chelsea to break through given their situation.

Can understand completely why he wants to try.

I say it all the time when players go to Man City and Chelsea etc and all the fans say "Oh but he's never going to play. He's mad to go, he'll just sit on the bench"

A professional footballer is going to back himself. They're not going to turn down the chance to try and make it at a top club so they're nearly always going to take a move like that.

With Tammy already being owned by Chelsea it's really no surprise if he wants to give it a go there.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

He really won't. Has too many limitations in his game.

He has precisely 1 limitation, it's a biggy but let's not pretend he's not an all round good forward.

Â