Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

What's the one then in your opinion?

For me its his conversion rate!

He needs to be more clinical with the chances he has or he will never play for the clubs he wants to play for.

The problem with him is that he fights for everything, hes always ready to battle for position then to hold the ball and i think its this that affects his shooting. 

If i was guessing id say its a mindset issue with him.  He needs to learn to relax at the point of the shot, which is difficult because the change needs to be done so quick; However it can be learnt.

He has everything else, strength, pace, aggression, concentration and anticipation.

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

For me its his conversion rate!

He needs to be more clinical with the chances he has or he will never play for the clubs he wants to play for.

The problem with him is that he fights for everything, hes always ready to battle for position then to hold the ball and i think its this that affects his shooting. 

If i was guessing id say its a mindset issue with him.  He needs to learn to relax at the point of the shot, which is difficult because the change needs to be done so quick; However it can be learnt.

He has everything else, strength, pace, aggression, concentration and anticipation.

Hmmm, I wouldn't say he's particularly strong. His dribbling is very average, and it's amazing (considering how many goals he scored) how rarely he strikes the ball cleanly. His first touch isn't great either IMO. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but there are major holes in his game. Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Hmmm, I wouldn't say he's particularly strong. His dribbling is very average, and it's amazing (considering how many goals he scored) how rarely he strikes the ball cleanly. His first touch isn't great either IMO. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but there are major holes in his game. Just my opinion.

Hes 21 years old, hes nowhere near his prime years, yet he was still strong enough to hold off most seasoned championship defenders.  He will be a beast in a few years!

Id disagree with the others too but if thats what you see thats fair enough.

We have to realise he is nowhere near as good as he going to be.

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He is only 21 though, he has better CV than a lot of strikers had at 21. Lewandoswki, Firmino, Kane, Costa hardly looked like stars at 21

Tammy also seems to have a great attitude and will continue to try and improve

• 2 weeks later...

Tammy did say, "never say never" when asked about the prospect of a move back to us this week on Sky news. Perhaps there is still some cause for hope, after all. We could use a second striking option, in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, John said:

Tammy did say, "never say never" when asked about the prospect of a move back to us this week on Sky news. Perhaps there is still some cause for hope, after all. We could use a second striking option, in my opinion.

I'd love him back but won't happen. We wouldn't have spent so much on Wesley otherwise. :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I'd love him back but won't happen. We wouldn't have spent so much on Wesley otherwise. :(

Our owners don’t give a **** now about money.. wouldn’t be surprised to see our transfer record be broken another couple of times this window. We needed to get one striker in, but if at the end of the window Tammy is available I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go for him as well.

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Our owners don’t give a **** now about money

Oh yes they do. You're right of course that "money troubles" are gone, but they will absolutely care about the finances of the club, about complying with the rules, about not wasting the chance to build the club in a way which is effective and cost effective. You're right that they are very wealthy, but I'm pretty certain their also highly competent businessmen, and that type tend to give a lot of attention to money.

It's terrific that we have wealthy owners prepared to invest in our club, but TBH all I've wanted from whoever owned the club as long as I've been a fan is that they do the best they can to responsibly run the club, to make it the best it can be, for the sake of the club. We had a chairman in Ellis who failed because he was small minded and conservative, unable to see opportunities when they arose and who was rather keen on using the club for his own purposes, then a well meaning, but very naive owner in Randy Lerner, who lost interest when the shine wore off, and then a chancer and now, perhaps, finally, we've got some people who are right for the time and the climate of English football. But we'll see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Our owners don’t give a **** now about money.. wouldn’t be surprised to see our transfer record be broken another couple of times this window. We needed to get one striker in, but if at the end of the window Tammy is available I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go for him as well.

Think its more that Tammy or Wesley wouldnt be so keen to be a back up and would come to be undisputed main striker 

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Oh yes they do. You're right of course that "money troubles" are gone, but they will absolutely care about the finances of the club, about complying with the rules, about not wasting the chance to build the club in a way which is effective and cost effective. You're right that they are very wealthy, but I'm pretty certain their also highly competent businessmen, and that type tend to give a lot of attention to money.

It's terrific that we have wealthy owners prepared to invest in our club, but TBH all I've wanted from whoever owned the club as long as I've been a fan is that they do the best they can to responsibly run the club, to make it the best it can be, for the sake of the club. We had a chairman in Ellis who failed because he was small minded and conservative, unable to see opportunities when they arose and who was rather keen on using the club for his own purposes, then a well meaning, but very naive owner in Randy Lerner, who lost interest when the shine wore off, and then a chancer and now, perhaps, finally, we've got some people who are right for the time and the climate of English football. But we'll see.

Absolutely, and I was probably flippant saying they don’t care about money. They are very successful businessmen and won’t want to lose money. I just think they won’t baulk  at prices to get the players they/manager wants. But yes for the first time it looks like we are being run very well, with business plans in mind.

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think its more that Tammy or Wesley wouldnt be so keen to be a back up and would come to be undisputed main striker 

I think no player is guaranteed starter, to really challenge he positions we want to get to then we should have 2 top players in each position. Yes it’s long term ambition, but the owners look like they want to make a statement straight away.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I think that ship has sailed. The way the club are moving right now strikes me as they are looking for people who want to be here and who want to spend their pre season at Bodymoor. If Tammy needs until five to midnight on transfer deadline day to make his mind up then that's no good for us. Thanks for the memories, we wouldn't have been promoted without him but it's time to move forwards. Wesley has taken his shirt and he certainly won't come back to sit on the bench. 

I don't think that it's a case of Tammy delaying making up his mind, but of Chelsea wanting to hold onto him, to act as cover for their preferred choices. Had it not been for their embargo, I suspect he would have been a Villa player by now.

I do however, reluctantly accept that the ship has sailed. I'm hoping that it comes back into port again in the next 12 months or so though.

This is apparently direct quotes from Tammy in the daily mail, reported via villareport on twitter. Here

Tammy Abraham: “In the second half of the season we knew we had to win almost every game to have a chance so we went out to every training session up for it. There were times I nearly gave up but Jack (Grealish) would be in my ear.”

Abraham: “When he was injured, he used to phone me telling me to keep it going for him until he got back because he believed he had a chance. In January, all the Wolves stuff came out and it was something I looked at but I am so pleased I stuck with my gut instinct.”

I think that absolutely confirms that Chelsea were prepared to sell him in January. It doesn't mean the new manager won't have different ideas of course, and it certainly doesn't mean he will be returning, but I'll stand by my previous comments that i don't think Tammy will be at Chelsea next season. 

I have no doubt if Tammy was available and we were a premier league club we would go in for him.

No shadow of a doubt. I personally think he will struggle at Chelsea as he has a lot to work on. So j can see him being put up for sale in next 12 months or so

• Like 1

Â