Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Watching their friendly against Salzburg and meh.. he just looks poor compared to the rest of the frontline.

Maybe he's just having a bad game, but i'm very skeptical in the prospect of him leading the line for a top 6 side.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Watching their friendly against Salzburg and meh.. he just looks poor compared to the rest of the frontline.

Maybe he's just having a bad game, but i'm very skeptical in the prospect of him leading the line for a top 6 side.

Agreed. He isn't good enough for where Chelsea want to be. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just whacked the Man U post with a terrific effort. 

Been thinking about him playing against us for Chelsea.  I think he will be the first Chelsea player to get a fantastic reception from the Villa fans.  I can't ever see us booing him. 

It will be so sad to see him play against us.  Hope he doesn't ever score against us. 

• Like 1

At present, I don’t think he’s got what it takes to become a top striker in the Prem. 

He had a nice shot that hit the post early doors but other than that his positioning and touch haven’t been on point today. 

• Like 1

Didn’t do a lot other than the shot that hit the post.

As others have said I don’t think he can cut it at this level. 

• Like 1

He isn't, yet. I think he'd be fine at a club midtable downwards, but there's going to be a lot of pressure at a club like Chelsea.

He's only 21, he's got an awful lot of time to develop still, and who knows, he might thrive under the pressure. I think it's too big a step up for him at this point though, another year or two, and who knows. He's got quality, and there's plenty of time to work on some of those rough edges.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I think most could see his limitations even when he was scoring for fun and playing well in the championship. 

He is 21 years old, far from the finished product. Can think of many top strikers that have done less than Tammy at that age

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is 21 years old, far from the finished product. Can think of many top strikers that have done less than Tammy at that age

Yes totally an unfinished product and has achieved a lot in his short career. 

At the moment though, even after last year's exploits i cannot envisage him becoming a top striker. He'll have a great career though no doubt. 

There was a point yesterday when I think it was Azpiliqueta or whatever his name is flashed a great ball across the 6 yard box and Tammy was 2 yards short of having a tap in. 

Absolutely should have been there to tap it in.  I was a bit disappointed in him at that moment. 

On a better day, he's got himself 2 goals there (shot against the post could have gone in). 

Thought Giroud would've started yesterday.

Away from home it's not all about just waiting for crosses and tapping it in, you need to hold up the ball for spells and keep the ball in your half. That's the weakest area of Tammy's game by a long way with his inconsistant touch and Giroud is just much better in that aspect.

It would make more sense to start him in home games where Chelsea will be more dominant. Big show of faith from Lampard if he keeps him in for next week's game.

Â