Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do other posters think he regrets not going to Wolves in January now?

No, I think depending on the next manager he'll think he has a real chance there (especially if it's frank because it's obviously foreign managers who prefer foreign players...) he doesnt, he might "make it" as their 3rd or 4th choice 

• Like 1

I'd also think being involved in a club record winning run and the playoff final victory are things he'll remember for the rest of his life regardless of where his career takes him next. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I have no doubt if Tammy was available and we were a premier league club we would go in for him.

No shadow of a doubt. I personally think he will struggle at Chelsea as he has a lot to work on. So j can see him being put up for sale in next 12 months or so

Same.  I think he'll come off the bench, score a few this season, and maybe even start a few games, but as soon as Chelsea's transfer ban is lifted, they'll spend big on a new striker and offload Tammy.  We may pick him up at that time or may not.  Either way, I with the kid all the best.  He played a huge part in our promotion last season and I'll always remember him fondly for his contribution.  He was brought in for one season to do one thing, score enough goals to get us back into the Premier League, and he did exactly that for us.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I'd also think being involved in a club record winning run and the playoff final victory are things he'll remember for the rest of his life regardless of where his career takes him next. 

At this point who does he look back more fondly on, Chelsea? Has he even made a first team appearance? Swansea? Relegation season and not many goals. Bristol City - sure, he was personally successful but it went under the radar as the team achieved nothing of note.

Or Villa, great personal season and promotion with a Wembley final to boot, you’re damn right he’ll remember his time here!

Still not sure if he's Premier League quality. 

The only thing we can refer to is his time at Swansea. You need more in your locker than just being a fox in the box to make it in the Prem. How many goals does he actually score from outside the box?

On 16/06/2019 at 13:40, The_Rev said:

I think that ship has sailed. The way the club are moving right now strikes me as they are looking for people who want to be here and who want to spend their pre season at Bodymoor. If Tammy needs until five to midnight on transfer deadline day to make his mind up then that's no good for us. Thanks for the memories, we wouldn't have been promoted without him but it's time to move forwards. Wesley has taken his shirt and he certainly won't come back to sit on the bench. 

Probably doesn't help that Chelsea do not currently have a manager and Tammy is away with England u21's, possibly until the end of the month. Then he will be off on holiday for 2-3 weeks as us being in the play-offs means he won't have had a break yet. Tthere is a good chance that the new Chelsea manager will not even meet him for at least a month and whether he stays there or goes elsewhere he isn't going to have much of a pre-season regardless

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Still not sure if he's Premier League quality. 

The only thing we can refer to is his time at Swansea. You need more in your locker than just being a fox in the box to make it in the Prem. How many goals does he actually score from outside the box?

Have said this before about his time at Swansea and people judging him harshly on it but :

He was only 19 when the season kicked off

It was only his second ever season, playing in a league higher than he was used to and for a completely different team.

Turns out that swansea team were crap, winning only 8 games all year.

He only actually started 15 league games (+6 cup games) & averaged 57 minutes played per game so more of a bit part player than someone playing 90 minutes week in, week out.

In total (including cup games) he made 39 appearances, 18 of these were as a sub. He scored 8 goals & got 5 assists.

In 38 league games swansea as a whole managed a pathetic 28 goals. He got 5 of them (18%) despite only starting 39% of their games

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Probably doesn't help that Chelsea do not currently have a manager and Tammy is away with England u21's, possibly until the end of the month. Then he will be off on holiday for 2-3 weeks as us being in the play-offs means he won't have had a break yet. Tthere is a good chance that the new Chelsea manager will not even meet him for at least a month and whether he stays there or goes elsewhere he isn't going to have much of a pre-season regardless

Yep. It's unfortunate, but that doesn't help us. I guess Smith isn't prepared to sit for a month or more, miss out on targets which were available in June/July only to find out Tammy is staying at Chelsea after all. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Strangely on the bench for the U21s tonight, whilst Dominic Solanke (he of playing few football matches) starts.

strange decision imo

Tammy has scored more goals than Solanke has played. Shambles

• Haha 1

Â