Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

36 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Which is exactly how Purslow and Smith see it, outlined in that recent interview. I have great hope that we have a good team in place atm. 

Purslow:

Think I read an article this morning saying McGinn was scouted 15 times or something by us before going in with a bid.  Seems we are thorough with our due diligence at the moment. Me likey. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Purslow has made it quite clear we will no longer be getting players on loan. 

There's an important distinction between simply loaning a player and doing so with options to buy etc at the end of the season. Surely if we're going to be spending a lot on elsewhere in the squad (as it seems we would need to do), it would make a lot of sense to get Tammy back on loan for the season with an option of buying him for £25 million or whatever figure is floating about next summer.

Purslow's point was more so about the former I think, where we were just improving players for their parent clubs and then shipping them right back without any option ourselves.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

There's an important distinction between simply loaning a player and doing so with options to buy etc at the end of the season. Surely if we're going to be spending a lot on elsewhere in the squad (as it seems we would need to do), it would make a lot of sense to get Tammy back on loan for the season with an option of buying him for £25 million or whatever figure is floating about next summer.

Purslow's point was more so about the former I think, where we were just improving players for their parent clubs and then shipping them right back without any option ourselves.

Yeah that my reading too. Deals like the Tuanzebe and Abraham loans are off the table. Not so much El Ghazi and Hause types.

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Agreed but I personally wouldn't count loan with option to buy as actually a loan. Its just buy now pay later. 

Whilst is called an "option" I dont think it's a voluntary can change your mind option is it? 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Agreed but I personally wouldn't count loan with option to buy as actually a loan. Its just buy now pay later. 

Whilst is called an "option" I dont think it's a voluntary can change your mind option is it? 

Probably depends on the specifics of the deal. Manchester United didn’t take up the option of Falcao for instance. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29011493

Falcao's move, meanwhile, includes an option for United to buy him for £43.5m at the end of the loan spell.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

51 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It varies. If you take Mbappe as an example it was just structured that way to avoid FFP but that was very much, as you say, buy now pay later. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think I read an article this morning saying McGinn was scouted 15 times or something by us before going in with a bid.  Seems we are thorough with our due diligence at the moment. Me likey. 

Where was that?

I think a good 2 or 3 1st teamers coming in will be loans with an agreed option to buy, otherwise I can see us fall foul of the premier league's FFP.

That's what wolves did, get in 4 or 5 20 million pound players on 'loans'.

It's the only way I can see us getting in decent quality and not spunking 150 million this summer.

2 forwards will be 30 plus million

4 defenders is likely another 35 million

4 midfielders is another 35 million

Bearing in mind the only 1st teamers we really have are 

McGinn and Jack and possibly steer 

And that still leaves us possibly

2 defenders short if we use Elmo Gilbert and Taylor as it sounds like Chester is knackered.

1 keeper short if one is sold

3 midfielders short unless BB, green, are going to be used 

Possibly 1 forward short unless Hogan makes some miraculous change 

I can see a couple loans and a couple free transfers such as Cahill if he will travel from London.

I don't see us spending 150 million.

* hause for 3 million and el ghazi for 5 million I had forgotten about but the point still stands.

Edited by brummybloke

at £25m it is a no-brainer for me. make this happen please! he is an intelligent, hard-working, talented, young footballer and with the added benefits of knowing that he fill fit our system.

Edited by osmark86

When Tammy was in that Swansea side, it’s not like they were awash with goals and he was poor on his own. He was second top scorer on 5 goals behind (would you believe it) Jordan Ayew on 7 goals (in PL). And Ayew made 29 appearance to Tammy’s 15. 

That Swansea side was awful, I don’t think it was Tammy’s fault that he didn’t score loads. If we can get him we should. 

No such thing as a dead cert in football, especially if you’re a newly promoted side.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Me too. I'll pay it if the club wants.

Look at you giving it the bigg'un. Like you can afford that!

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

When Tammy was in that Swansea side, it’s not like they were awash with goals and he was poor on his own. He was second top scorer on 5 goals behind (would you believe it) Jordan Ayew on 7 goals (in PL). And Ayew made 29 appearance to Tammy’s 15. 

That Swansea side was awful, I don’t think it was Tammy’s fault that he didn’t score loads. If we can get him we should. 

No such thing as a dead cert in football, especially if you’re a newly promoted side.

As I know someone will be picky, it was 15 starts. If you added all his minutes up, it would come to about 19 games in total.

So 5 goals in about 19 games for a 20 year old in a struggling side. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Can't see why anyone thinks that season was completely shit for him, He was 19 when the season kicked off, It was his second ever season, playing in a league higher than he was used to for a completely different team. Turns out that swansea team were crap winning only 8 games all year.

In total (including cup games) he made 39 appearances, He scored 8 goals & got 5 assists.

He only actually started 15 league games (+6 cup games) & averaged 57 minutes played per game so not like he was playing 90 minutes week in week out either

In 38 league games swansea as a whole managed a pathetic 28 goals. He got 5 of them (18%)

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

Options to buy ultimately mean little, say we loan Tammy and he bangs in 20 goals this season I can presume Chelsea will tell him to reject a deal with us and that he will get a chance for them (6 months later after Tammy sees through it they sell him for £40m)

Tammy decided to stay with us over Wolves in January when we were a championship club, so i wouldn't be to concerned if he now has a choice between us and Wolves now we are a PL club. 

Â