Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

One of them was probably Everton, as El Ghazi did an interview in Holland just before the play-off final stating that they were interested.

Edited by useless

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not really.

It's good that we've landed a signing that we were after and it's for a relatively cheap fee.

I personally have doubts as to whether he'll make it, but I trust Dean Smith and team so I'm happy for him to be playing next season.

Yes, I share some of those reservations, which are mostly to do with his consistency. As others have said, he became more consistent towards the end of the season, but at times he did also look anonymous/ineffectual. That said, he will prove a steal if he can show his good qualities, more often than he disappears against a higher calibre of defender. 

I think this is the type of signing we should expect this summer. Not huge money, not a big name but a player with potential that can develop in the Premier League and will be worth more in a few years than they are now. 

Welcome Anwar! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah that interview after the final where he said he loved the club, loved the fans and wanted to stay.......so nice to see him saying that and proving the club itself is going in the right direction under smith after so many terrible years where the club was toxic.

Wasn’t just for the camera either he meant it.

#smitheffect

50 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Wasn’t just for the camera either he meant it.

#smitheffect

He sure did. Smith effect applies to how much more positive the fans have been this season too, which was another big factor in his love for our club.  Now get that loan in tag removed... ;)

Edited by MrBlack
Typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Best winger we have had since Young and still more to come 

Have we had many, if any wingers since young left? 

Other than Albrighton I can't remember anymore

11 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Have we had many, if any wingers since young left? 

Other than Albrighton I can't remember anymore

N'Zogbia :P

Holman - wasnt he a wide player?

Tonev - was he more central or a wide player?

Gil - was kind of a wide player (ish)

Richardson :)

Sinclair - was kind of a wide player

Â