Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

14 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Have we had many, if any wingers since young left? 

Other than Albrighton I can't remember anymore

Sinclair, Nzogbia, Dawkins, Tonev, Bolasie, Adomah, Snodgrass

Except the last 2 and Albrighton its not exactly a stellar list :P

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sinclair, Nzogbia, Dawkins, Tonev, Bolasie, Adomah, Snodgrass

Except the last 2 and Albrighton its not exactly a stellar list :P

Depends on the definition of a winger, for the most part I remember sinclair and nzogbia playing Central off the striker or left in a 433? 

When I think of winger it's wide left or right running down the channels and putting crosses in like young and downing, I don't remember anyone other than Albrighton doing that for us since young and downing left. 

I do remember mcleish putting hsskey on the left when we played man City though. That went well. 

12 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I do remember mcleish putting hsskey on the left when we played man City though. That went well. 

He played Hutton right wing and Heskey left wing vs Tottenham. Still traumatised

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He played Hutton right wing and Heskey left wing vs Tottenham. Still traumatised

That was my first ever away game. I am just glad the away fans were superb as always :) 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not really.

It's good that we've landed a signing that we were after and it's for a relatively cheap fee.

I personally have doubts as to whether he'll make it, but I trust Dean Smith and team so I'm happy for him to be playing next season.

Given the same circumstances except it’s your decision, would you have signed El Ghazi for Villa?

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

if he was a Bruce signing it's surprising how he treated him like dirt.

Smith didn’t give him a start until 1st December and only one brief sub appearance before that.

He actually kept him out of more matches than Bruce did. So should we be equally (or more) angry with Smith for “treating him like dirt”?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Smith didn’t give him a start until 1st December and only one brief sub appearance before that.

He actually kept him out of more matches than Bruce did. So should we be equally (or more) angry with Smith for “treating him like dirt”?

SMITH OUT!!!!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I’ve made my thoughts on Bruce quite clear but I think both he and Smith were right not to play him in the first part of the season. He was ridiculously off the pace of the league. 

But I guess those (or the one person) that though Bruce treated El Ghazi poorly could also be annoyed with Smith........if he hadn’t got us promoted. 

43 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

How on earth did we stay up?... Whoever got relegated that year should be embarrassed...

A record-equaling 17 draws (our own record incidentally :lol: ). 

Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves got relegated that season. We beat all three that season, most memorable of which being that 3-2 away win against Wolves where Robbie Keane scored those 2 stunners.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve made my thoughts on Bruce quite clear but I think both he and Smith were right not to play him in the first part of the season. He was ridiculously off the pace of the league. 

But I guess those (or the one person) that though Bruce treated El Ghazi poorly could also be annoyed with Smith........if he hadn’t got us promoted. 

That was really what lay behind my post. It was perhaps more his own lack of form and need to adjust that kept him out of the side than the failings of any particular manager.

Anyway, it all worked out sweet in the end.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Didn’t know that. Veering a bit off topic but when did we set the original record?? :crylaugh:

06/07, our first season under MON. To be fair, we only equaled Newcastle's 03/04 original setting of the record but we held the record jointly when we equaled it in 2012 nonetheless :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Given the same circumstances except it’s your decision, would you have signed El Ghazi for Villa?

Hmmm, good question.

I'd probably go with no, but the low fee may be enough to persuade me it was worth it.

I am 100% happy to be proved wrong on this by the way.

Â