Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

21 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

This guy totally took the club to heart, he was  so eager for it to happen great to see it confirmed. 

Yeah that interview after the final where he said he loved the club, loved the fans and wanted to stay.......so nice to see him saying that and proving the club itself is going in the right direction under smith after so many terrible years where the club was toxic.

14 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Love this guy. Has bought into Smith's way of playing, and seems to already have an affinity with the club.

Tall, strong and direct, with a not inconsiderable trickery on the ball.

Great acquisition.

We probably had to beat out of him everything he had learnt at Ajax but fortunately that seems to have been done successfully! 😉

Just now, briny_ear said:

We probably had to beat out of him everything he had learnt at Ajax but fortunately that seems to have been done successfully! 😉

Sure Brucie tried that 😉

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Good news!

I can't really put my finger on why, but I have my doubts around whether El Ghazi will make it in the Prem.

But he's certainly earned his right to be part of the team in the Prem and the rumoured £8m isn't a huge amount these days, so happy with this.

Covering your bases there!

I think the rumour was 8m Euro which is currently £7m. Just thought I'd mention it before the fee gets rounded/exaggerated by others to £10m!

I think the current El Ghazi has some improvements to make if he is to make a strong impression on the PL but he is still relatively young and with good coaching, he has the potential.

Edited by brommy

5 minutes ago, brommy said:

Coverings your bases there!

I think the rumour was 8m Euro which is currently £7m. Just thought I'd mention it before the fee gets rounded/exaggerated by others to £10m!

I think the current El Ghazi has some improvements to make if he is to make a strong impression on the PL but he is still relatively young and with good coaching, he has the potential.

Always hard to predict these things but I think this guy has real class that will help him flourish in the PL.

At £80m he is a real bargain.

• Haha 1

To think Bruce dropped this guy and didn't even play him, what a mongoloid.

To be fair tho he wasn't a RB so Bruce probably didn't like the fact he was a remotely attacking player.

Just imagine where we would still be with Bruce.

Just thinking about Steve Bruce still being in charge is like......

sad jim carrey GIF

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, brommy said:

Covering your bases there!

Not really.

It's good that we've landed a signing that we were after and it's for a relatively cheap fee.

I personally have doubts as to whether he'll make it, but I trust Dean Smith and team so I'm happy for him to be playing next season.

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Admits in here it took him a while to get to grips with the physicality of the league last year when he first arrived.

We should be thanking Bruce's reign for this one.

To be honest do you really think it was a Bruce signing?

With how Bruce treated him I do wonder if it wasn't a recruitment team / new CEOs type signing and Bruce didn't like the fact he wasn't a RB and didn't play him?

El Ghazi is one of my favourite players - having a winger who just sprints at defenders with the ball is so great, even if it doesn’t always work, as it causes absolute carnage in the defence and leads to more space for JG/JM as the opposition midfielders scramble back. He also does a very good job defensively. If we can get something similar on the other side, we will be so much more of a threat than last season - teams didn’t really have to bother marking the winger on the other side to AEG most of last season, so were able to double up on him with CMs shifting well across.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

To be honest do you really think it was a Bruce signing?

With how Bruce treated him I do wonder if it wasn't a recruitment team / new CEOs type signing and Bruce didn't like the fact he wasn't a RB and didn't play him?

Ah the old, 'any decent players signed were done so behind Bruce's back' thing again.

Apparently the only players Bruce actually signed himself were Hogan and Bree.......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah the old, 'any decent players signed were done so behind Bruce's back' thing again.

Apparently the only players Bruce actually signed himself were Hogan and Bree.......

Not saying that at all, if he did sign him then job well done, I was just saying that if he was a Bruce signing it's surprising how he treated him like dirt.

I habe said in the Mcginn thread that Bruce deserves credit for his signing, so you can't tarnish me with that brush I'm afraid.

Edited by MaVilla

Â