Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

We need to see more end product from him but the curve is heading in the right direction. There wss a period of a few weeks before Christmas I think where looked way too good for the Championship and arguably the best player. Then a drop off and then, once Grealish was back and could link up with him, a steady climb back to form.

He should have scored and created more. His play deserved more. But Im delighted this is happening and think he'll love the PL. Especially when we can get better players around him. In particular, more dynamic fullbacks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mazrim said:

We need to see more end product from him but the curve is heading in the right direction. There wss a period of a few weeks before Christmas I think where looked way too good for the Championship and arguably the best player. Then a drop off and then, once Grealish was back and could link up with him, a steady climb back to form.

He should have scored and created more. His play deserved more. But Im delighted this is happening and think he'll love the PL. Especially when we can get better players around him. In particular, more dynamic fullbacks.

Don’t disagree.

He is capable of improving and seemingly has the attitude to do so, he is absolutely the sort that will be better playing with better players.

• Like 2

Would like to think whoever's advising would be very much telling him this is the best place for next 2-3 years of his career. Better than going back to warming the bench at Lille anyway.

I expect this deal to get done in next two weeks anyway.

Related image

This picture makes me laugh because if you showed someone who didn't know, they could never guess which direction the ball was going, who had touched it last or what was going on and it's such an important goal.

I suppose it's Villa tradition that scruffy goals = vital goals :flag:

Image result for peter withe gif

Edited by 8pints
ain't nobody, like El Ghazi, makes me happy, makes me feel this way.
  • Like 3

Looking at the compilation above you forget just how skilful a winger he is!

If you showed me similar for a player we are being linked with Id be raging we need him!

• Like 1

He was so frustrating early on and under Bruce, but he’s really come on at the end of the season. I was probably saying we shouldn’t sign him around christmas but he’s showed his potential.

Get it done!

His skill was always there. But his defensive work rate, awareness and decision making was poor. All those aspects has improved well under Smith. Can't wait to see him devolop further. 

I just love how direct he is and willing to run at opposition fullbacks. Seemed to love going on big runs up the pitch towards the end of the season and I still can't get over how good he was in that playoff final. 

Very pleased that we seem to be getting this deal all sorted and if we can give El Ghazi a good attacking fullback behind him it'll only benefit him and us even more. One of my favourite players right now for sure. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

A Villa Hero.

Wow I didn't realize just how productive he was. Whenever you see these kinds of videos of wingers, there's rarely much end product but Anwar got some great goals and assists following some great wing play. Considering he was in and out of the team first half of the season that's pretty impressive.

Honestly can't think of too many wingers this good outside the top 6. It seems the position is a dying art, but Ajax seem to be keeping it alive with Anwar, Neres and Ziyech produced in recent years.

Â