Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

I think El Ghazi will have a great season here, he was excellent last season but I think he will thrive in the Premier League playing against better players. He could play for a Champions League in my opinion, hopefully with us, maybe I’m being a bit optimistic. I think he’ll handle the step up to the Premier League with ease

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think El Ghazi will have a great season here, he was excellent last season but I think he will thrive in the Premier League playing against better players. He could play for a Champions League in my opinion, hopefully with us, maybe I’m being a bit optimistic. I think he’ll handle the step up to the Premier League with ease

Utter madness. 

He had a decent season last season with glimmers of brilliance. Notably the Bristol City game and the playoff final. 

For every good game he had, he had 2/3 average ones. He needs to be more consistent if he wants to become a regular premier league player.

I like him and the potential is there but to start talking about him playing for champions league teams is ridiculous. 

Mind you, this is coming from the person who thinks G. Gardner would walk into the Man City team 😉

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Utter madness. 

He had a decent season last season with glimmers of brilliance. Notably the Bristol City game and the playoff final. 

For every good game he had, he had 2/3 average ones. He needs to be more consistent if he wants to become a regular premier league player.

I like him and the potential is there but to start talking about him playing for champions league teams is ridiculous. 

Mind you, this is coming from the person who thinks G. Gardner would walk into the Man City team 😉

I think that’s a little too harsh Delphiniho, he was better than that. The West Brom game where he scored stands out in my mind, he was unplayable at times. I would stay he started slowly, but towards the second half of the season he was second name on the team sheet after Jack for me (probably tied with SJMG).

He has played in the champions league hasn’t he? So obviously he can because he has. Doubt he’ll get picked up by Barça but he’s a good player and I think he’ll be good for us this year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Utter madness. 

He’s already played in the Champions League. He’s scored against Barcelona at the Nou Camp in it. I’m not saying he’s automatically going to tear up the Premier League but he’s played on big stages before now.

• Like 2

I am really excited to see AEG in the prem - he is one of our most exciting and unpredictable players for the last few years, and I am really keen to see how he does when we are playing against better teams. Also, given that it seems as though we are signing an attacking left back in Targett, he should get a lot more support going forwards and therefore won’t be doubled up on as much, which will hopefully lead to him having a bit more space to go on crazy runs forward.

12 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I love him!

He just comes across as a really nice guy that just wants to play football. 

My suspicion is that we have got a real gem of a player here that could grow into legendary status.

• Like 3

On 10/06/2019 at 14:01, Tomaszk said:

This is the stuff.

love this dude, how many players in the last decade have spoken about us like this.

Well done to Deano and everyone else to help make someone feel like this about our club.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joshharris12 said:

To think Bruce benched him so long el ghazi could quite easily kicked up a fuss 

Let's not make stuff up.

He didn't play in 4 games under Bruce. Smith played him once (for 40 minutes) in his first 6 games. He was just very inconsistent in the beginning, nothing more.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Let's not make stuff up.

He didn't play in 4 games under Bruce. Smith played him once (for 40 minutes) in his first 6 games. He was just very inconsistent in the beginning, nothing more.

He's a confidence player. Once he begin a game good, he start showing his true worth.

It's that other players were consistent.

from his first game with us (I guess it was against Reading) I thought he was our best winger. He assisted a goal by then.

It's not as we have world beaters, even with his inconsistency, he was going to do better than Adomah and Green.

The only one who looked he could play better was Bolasie, he had great performances by then. But he didn't have fitness.

I know this isn't really Dean smiths style but I wish el ghazi was more aggressive in going for shots outside the box. With the way he hits it is almost always on target and challenges the keeper. From his shots we have created loads of chances and I think we should do it more in the Premier league. I think he is currently are best threat from outside the box except for CH. 

I think if he is a little more aggressive we could very easily see him score 10 or eleven goals this season. Which I think we will need as it will be multiple players chipping in and not one player scoring 15-20 goals.

I reckon we could have 3 or 4 players finishing the season with double digit goals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

What happened ?

Announced as a starter for 2nd half,came out for warm up,next we knew it was RHM ?

Let's hope he didn't injure himself in the warm up.....

• 2 weeks later...
Â