Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

7 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Admits in here it took him a while to get to grips with the physicality of the league last year when he first arrived.

We should be thanking Bruce's reign for this one.

It had naff all to do with that oaf.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Hmmm, good question.

I'd probably go with no, but the low fee may be enough to persuade me it was worth it.

I am 100% happy to be proved wrong on this by the way.

Let’s hope you are proved wrong!

• Like 1

Fantastic news! Increadible potential, he looks a bit like Ronaldo the way he runs and dribbles, his technique and ball contraol is top notch, has a great shot, full of running, works hard defensively. There's no limit to how good he can become. Also like that he is so tall, we need all tall players we can get with Jack and McGinn in midfield. Can't believe Lille have let him go, haven't they watched him playing for us? 

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Fantastic news! Increadible potential, he looks a bit like Ronaldo the way he runs and dribbles, his technique and ball contraol is top notch, has a great shot, full of running, works hard defensively. There's no limit to how good he can become. Also like that he is so tall, we need all tall players we can get with Jack and McGinn in midfield. Can't believe Lille have let him go, haven't they watched him playing for us? 

I heard somewhere that they are in a bit of financial difficulty so I imagine they needed the €8 

31 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Ramadan starts 23 April-23 may next year. Hopefully we wont need him in top shape for that month  

This again.  Do you have any idea how many top footballers are muslims?   Its a non issue.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Seemed to be in pretty top shape at Wembley wouldn't you say? Perhaps all our players should do the Ramadan thing if it makes them play like El Ghazi did at Wembley!

I heard or read somewhere that he didn't observe Ramadan at Wembley, because he wanted to be at his best. Against West Brom he said he didn't feel like himself.

He also said he hopes God will forgive him. I'm pretty sure McGrath is absolutely delighted with the guy, he scored at Wembley!

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

This again.  Do you have any idea how many top footballers are practising muslims?   Its a non issue.

You don't think eating nothing and not drinking water during the 16 hours of daylight would impact a professional athlete's performance?

I do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This again.  Do you have any idea how many top footballers are muslims?   Its a non issue.

It's a fair point - some people take it better some worse. 

Why is this not a debatable thing?

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yet they all seem to manage it ! 

So how does that make it a non-issue?

El Ghazi took a big step to break his fast for the play-off final.

I think he was better in the final than when he was fasting during the semis.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yet they all seem to manage it ! 

They do - some better some worse. It's just an observation. 

Teams spend millions of pounds on dieticians and chefs, but it looks like diet cannot even be discussed as "a lot of people do it".

It's something that I'm sure Anwar has to discuss with club staff to help him, but it's not to be disregarded.

Just now, Mic09 said:

It's a fair point - some people take it better some worse. 

Why is this not a debatable thing?

Debate away.   I just don't think its something to be concerned about. 

The current European Champions have 2 devout muslims top goal-scorers in the team.  They seemed to manage. 

• Like 1

Â