John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Miss was poor. That was only thing he really did in the game, bypassed in the other aspects by likes of Zinchenko.

Ultimately Ramsey is younger and simply better with the scoring threat McGinn had three years ago so shouldn't be any debate who should start as think it will be a choice if we get our summer recruitment right.

12 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Neither is John McGinn. He's not world-class, but I think too many people on here had too high of an expectation for him because of how he performed when he first got here, and now that he's turned out to be merely above average instead of world-class, you all pretend he's shit.

Yeah that's fair.

Think it's just people worrying he's still going to be playing every minute of every single game again next season when he's probably reached the level of likes of AEG. Helped us stay up and establish us mid table but dosen't quite have the quality to play significant part to get us into europe.

Should still keep him around but he shouldn't be starting 30 games next season unless one of our new signings gets injured which is probably going to happen!

• Like 1

We should sell whilst other teams think he’s Anygood, I really don’t rate him since he done his ankle in against Southampton which was his own fault as he didn’t get the freekick just before and he went for the player and done himself 

• Like 3

Rumours that a couple of clubs are interest in McGinn for about £50m.

Rumours that Zinchinko is available for around £50m.

I know what I'd do having watched yesterday. 
I love McGinn's attitude and energy, but he's at his peak, and I don't think he has another step in him. 

Top clubs know when to move players on for maximum benefit - I think it's time. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Should be nothing more than a bench option going forward. 

My concern is that he won’t be. He should be a backup attacking midfielder, with us bringing in another number 8 that can actually dictate a game. McGinn runs around like a maniac, and has little discipline to boss the midfield.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Should be nothing more than a bench option going forward. 

I don't think he can be that. He's shown nothing to me where it makes me think he can be at an acceptable level of fitness if he isn't playing week in week out. Really think we should move now whilst we can get money get money for him and bring in an upgrade or just try to keep luiz

23 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

He was at his brothers, Paul , wedding up here last week.

Even on the Hibs forum they were saying he was a waste of a jersey last night...........and these are the same who claim he will get a multi million pound move away from Villa very soon ,so we can get our percentage of the sell on fee 😉

Hibs fans were saying John McGinn was a waste of jersey. Lol. Were the same people saying that the earth is flat.

I wonder if a good bid comes in we will take it?  Or Gerrard has no intention of letting him go. I just think, even though he does have his qualities, he is inconsistent and don't fit into the system we want to play, thus being part of the problem last season.

I personally think he is worth £25-30 mill. I think with all the media rave about him, if another club wants him, it may be closer to £40-50 mill. If this happens, we should bite there hand off

3 hours ago, Stoobs said:

Hibs fans were saying John McGinn was a waste of jersey. Lol. Were the same people saying that the earth is flat.

Some were  saying it for the game against Ukraine...........he'll forever be a legend at Easter Road and adored by 99% of Hibs fans.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear , however he was poor the other night !  .............as were several others☹️

Edited by newhavenhibby

I think his real problem is that he doesn't have the ability to change or dictate how a game is going, he reflects the team as whole.

When we played good stuff last season, McGinn was good. When we played shit, he was shit. Rarely is he good when the team is bad or bad when the team is good. 

I like his character and clearly Gerrard does too so, unless we get a offer too good to refuse, he will be here next season and hopefully he will be getting into the team on merit or will be fighting to do so.

• Like 4

I’d sell him if I’m honest. Yes he has potential but it doesn’t look like he’s gonna cut it in the PL at Villa. He may find form at another club and yes that would be annoying but it’s clear he isn’t going to find it again with us and we shouldn’t be waiting for it either, he needs to deliver now not when the planets align. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Rumours that a couple of clubs are interest in McGinn for about £50m.

Rumours that Zinchinko is available for around £50m.

I know what I'd do having watched yesterday. 
I love McGinn's attitude and energy, but he's at his peak, and I don't think he has another step in him. 

Top clubs know when to move players on for maximum benefit - I think it's time. 

The fact that McGinn and Zinchenko are classed as £50m players is proof the game is in an absolute mess! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Football insider 

Let me stop you there. 

Beale has both been accused of being too chummy with the players as well as falling out with them all! :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â