John McGinn

PompeyVillan

19 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I do miss the old McGinn championship role where he used to score a few and surge forward, we don't see that in the premier league, however that has been understandable as we haven't really had a proper DM and havent had a good enough midfield to allow him to get forward. With the new DM lets hope he can still be terrier like, but also add a bit of that box to box style he had in his first season here.

He’s still scoring but since we went up he’s had a habbit of scoring earlier the season and that’s it. Not sure why exactly.

McGinn is a very good player, but has his limitations.

Decision making is weak. 30 yard pot shots when passes are on and sustained pressure is what's necessary. Hollywood passes when a 15 yard pass is on that's more effective.Β  Holding the ball looking for decisive moves, when he should keep the ball moving. Constantly getting caught out of position. Overplaying because he held on to the ball when he should pass.Β 

These for the most part are little things, but within the confines of a tiki-taka system, cause us to lose momentum. He doesn't have the tactical discipline, nor the tactical awareness.Β 

People say play him higher up, but Ramsey is just as good a finisher, but smarter, CoutinhoΒ  and Buendia are far better 10's and Chukwuemeka is coming through.

For me he is a highly sellable asset, whom value to us on the pitch is diminishing. Sell!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Absolutely pal his stars on the official premier league are shocking πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

They don't publish stats from which any sensible conclusion on work rate could be drawn, unless I'm being stupid?

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

They don't publish stats from which any sensible conclusion on work rate could be drawn, unless I'm being stupid?

It’s difficult to tell if you’re being stupid or not because there are no relevant stats published by VT. Personally I think that’s a good thing as I might not like what my own stats show.Β 

• Like 1

This is piss poor from ScotlandΒ  , and 6 of the starters for Ukraine havent played any football this year apparently . They rely on Scottish pride to overcome their lack of quality bit tonight they are being out - pridedΒ 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Fair enough. Either way, if McGinn is in our plans as a starter next season, you can forget top 6/7.

This.

If effort alone would get us into Europe we’d be fine with McGinn in midfield.

But his inconsistency, and sometimes lack of technical skill, will hold us back.

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚