John McGinn

PompeyVillan

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Eh? Only an elite club can afford £12M?

Maybe 20 years ago sure.

Elite clubs or Premier League teams I said 😉

Valencia, Lyon for example cant afford that and they are big clubs

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Who is paying 12 million for Traore? Only elite teams or Premier League teams can afford that

10 million Davis, Dougie 25 million last year of his contract 

Are you serious??

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Elite clubs or Premier League teams I said 😉

Valencia, Lyon for example cant afford that and they are big clubs

No offence but that’s horse shit.

£12M isn’t a lot of money at all any more, I don’t know why you’re suggesting it is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Who is paying 12 million for Traore? Only elite teams or Premier League teams can afford that

10 million Davis, Dougie 25 million last year of his contract 

Mate, championship teams are spending more than that. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I love McGinn as a person, and some aspects of his game are good, but if opposition fans watched him week in week out, I'm sure they'd share the same frustrations as many of us. He's just not an intelligent player IMO, and that limits him.

I’d disagree mate , he is our most consistent player . He dose all the unspectacular stuff that goes unseen . He has also played a little deeper for us than he would prefer . Lots of   Big clubs would love him , and he would be a major loss to us . 

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, championship teams are spending more than that. lol

We spent it on Ross McCormack in the championship 6 years ago.

Edited by sparrow1988

23 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I’d disagree mate , he is our most consistent player . He dose all the unspectacular stuff that goes unseen . He has also played a little deeper for us than he would prefer . Lots of   Big clubs would love him , and he would be a major loss to us . 

He doesn't work as hard/get involved as much as people think he does.

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He doesn't work as hard/get involved as much as people think he does.

I think this. You can say he does all the unseen stuff. But why do we see it with Scotland and not with Villa. We see the occasional great pass, but he needs to do more. 

Someone put a Stat on here he has the most or tackles in the prem, which is good, but what does he do with the ball after??

I do miss the old McGinn championship role where he used to score a few and surge forward, we don't see that in the premier league, however that has been understandable as we haven't really had a proper DM and havent had a good enough midfield to allow him to get forward. With the new DM lets hope he can still be terrier like, but also add a bit of that box to box style he had in his first season here.

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think this. You can say he does all the unseen stuff. But why do we see it with Scotland and not with Villa. We see the occasional great pass, but he needs to do more. 

Someone put a Stat on here he has the most or tackles in the prem, which is good, but what does he do with the ball after??

Think it was the most tackles in our team wasn't it? But he's played comfortably more minutes than any other midfielder.

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I know that this is the modern game, and it's the right thing to do in the name of progress. But it doesn't feel right to move on Jack, Dean, Mings and McGinn in the space of a year.

Collectively they gave me the best couple years as a Villa fan in a long time and connected me with the club again. If I'm honest, Mings more so than Jack at first when he came in the Championship (although Jack more so by the Blues game and certainly when he kept us up). I'll feel a little bit more disconnected to lose them all. Ming's and McGinn in one window would be a hammer blow

If they are all replaced with better players and we are competing in the top half of the league - I will quickly connect with the new players!  None of those four are bigger than the club.  Apart from Jack I don't think we will be talking about any of them in the way we talk about others - Dean is no Saunders, Mings is no God (or Mellberg / Laursen for that matter), McGinn is no Sid / Mortimer.

That said I wouldn't be looking to move Mings or McGinn on.  I think Mings will be much better with a commanding partner alongside him and McGinn will be able to do more of what he is good at (and less at what he isn't) with two better midfielders behind him and being able to do his thing for 60 - 70 minutes rather than trying to last the full 90.  I do think they are good for the club in the background as well - help create a good atmosphere around the club, etc - and whilst that is less important than their contribution on the pitch it is still a consideration.

But bids for either of them for around £40 million and I would absolutely be cashing in.

18 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Is he a starter next year too? 

I don’t think so.

If we bring in Bissouma (for instance) I can see our midfield being Ramsey, Kamara, Bissouma with McGinn on the bench.

it’ll be good to have better squad depth and options off the bench (especially as we can make 5 subs next season) 

27 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

The stats are different mate , Im AMAZED he is so underrated by some fans. I guess Conti is a crap judge of a player . 

Per 90 stats would tell a different story.

Regarding Conte, don't believe every transfer story you read.

Â