John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Thought that was his best game since the return. Still some ring rust, but he was busting a gut to get forward and took a couple of shots and his passing and ball retention was better.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sne said:

Looked heavy and sluggish in the first half but much brighter in the second. Hope he wasn't pulled in for a doping check after the game :D 

Cheeky half time dump?

• Haha 2

Just now, M_Afro said:

Cheeky half time dump?

It's like when you've got your last 10 quid on a horse and you see him take a dump before the race and you just think "this lad is going to make me rich"

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

It's like when you've got your last 10 quid on a horse and you see him take a dump before the race and you just think "this lad is going to make me rich"

Same with the greyhounds

Edited by Follyfoot

Having him back has been really important. We missed him. His work rate, his bum shield special move, his quality. It would be so good to see him get a goal on Sunday (goes without saying perhaps). 

What has happened to his shooting? Aside from that solid shot last week at Arsenal which was unfortunately straight at the keeper, he's shooting has been incredibly bad since the restart.

Overall, I don't think its a controversial statement to say that his form has dropped drastically and it could at the end be beneficial for us as we can keep him, but I am very concerned at how he's seemed so unrecognizable. I don't think its a fitness issue either.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

7 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

What has happened to his shooting? Aside from that solid shot last week at Arsenal which was unfortunately straight at the keeper, he's shooting has been incredibly bad since the restart.

Overall, I don't think its a controversial statement to say that his form has dropped drastically and it could at the end be beneficial for us as we can keep him, but I am very concerned at how he's seemed so unrecognizable. I don't think its a fitness issue either.

Come on, he came back from a broken ankle which ended up with 6 months or so without football. I think he’s been a big players for us.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â